Partner Mods

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
Loriel

Re: Partner Mods

Post by Loriel »

The problem appears to lie in the implementation of the "SetPos" command - it functions correctly, except when moving an npc from interior to exterior cell - the npc becomes invisible/inactive, but coordinates are apparently updated correctly.

I'm not sure what status the npc has entered - can be recovered by "PositionCell", but not by "enable", and does not follow the player.

The "Position" command seems to have a similar problem, "PositionCell" does not.

EDIT
Suggested simple temporary fix until the SetPos behaviour is fixed:
In each of the 20 scripts cdc_call_compA_script to cdc_call_compT_script insert at line 120:

Code: Select all

if (getinterior == 0)
		positioncell -21400 -17000 400 0 Balmora
	endif
Resulting in:

elseif ( portWarp == 3 )		; Move companion and play a sound as a distraction
	PlaySound "mysticism hit"
	set warpz to ( Player->GetPos z )
	set warpz to warpz - 25
	if (getinterior == 0)
		positioncell -21400 -17000 400 0 Balmora
	endif
	SetPos x warpx
	SetPos y warpy
	SetPos z warpz
This checks if the player is in an external cell (using the undocumented "getinterior" function) - if so, the companion is moved to an exterior position (near the Balmora silt strider stand - use a different exterior location if you prefer) using the safe PositionCell command, before using the SetPos commands which now start from an exterior cell and should function correctly.

I am unsure whether the corresponding change needs to be made in cdc_call_comp_script - it hasn't been called during my testing.

Loriel
Darklocq

Post by Darklocq »

Got caught up in work and other stuff. Meant to report a few weeks ago that Companion Teleport worked for a couple of days for me, then just stopped. I haven't gotten it to work since.

I may try moving the mod load order around.
Darklocq

Post by Darklocq »

On the SetPos and Position problem, I opened bug #4088 about it. The earlier #3109 seems to relate or might even be the same issue (but was only filed about Position); that one's had significant debate.
Loriel

Post by Loriel »

Thanks for that.

I see #4088 has now been closed as a duplicate, and discussion continued on #3109.

There is clearly something wrong somewhere in there, stopping Companion Teleportation working as it should, but my earlier analysis was probably too simplistic and I've not yet identified the change from vanilla sufficiently to contribute much more.

Sorry to hear it's stopped working for you - it's working fine for me, with my minor workarounds, and I've also added another small workaround to keep it compatible with the updated MultiMark mod (which redefines "recall").

Loriel
michaldybczak

Post by michaldybczak »

I tested the modified mod from the file linked below:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwtCkW ... J2c1E/view

Open MW 0.43

Here are loaded mods and their order:

content=Morrowind.esm
content=Better Heads.esm
content=Tribunal.esm
content=Bloodmoon.esm
content=Animal Behaviour.esp
content=Better Heads Bloodmoon addon.esm
content=Better Heads Tribunal addon.esm
content=RealSignposts.esp
content=House of Mannequins v1.0.esp
content=MultiMarkOMW.esp
content=master_index.esp
content=adamantiumarmor.esp
content=CompanionTeleportation.omwaddon
content=Better Bodies.esp
content=Book Rotate.esm
content=Book Rotate - Bloodmoon v5.3.esp
content=Book Rotate - Morrowind v1.1.esp
content=Book Rotate - Tribunal v5.3.esp
Unfortunately, this Companion Teleportation new mod isn't working. I tested teleporting even in the same exterior cell (Balmora), companion isn't appearing. When using a Companion Teleport spell, I get "you have no companions" or something similar. When I return to the cell with a companion, he run towards me so companionship isn't broken but simply is not working. He can stand beside me and I still get "you have no companions" info when using the spell.

My test was done on a Mage's Guild companion quest, some high elf Itemriel or similar? I am suppose to bring him to Pelagiad or simply get his notes.