soo.... Morrowind Enhanced ? Aerelorn's Combat Enhanced ?

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
friedcod

soo.... Morrowind Enhanced ? Aerelorn's Combat Enhanced ?

Post by friedcod »

uhm... so this mod Aerelorn's Combat Enhanced
http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/43320/?

is like .. the #1 most interesting and hardest mod for me to not have ...
I WANT IT!! MAKE IT WORK NAAAOOOWW!!!! WAAAAHHH!! WAHHH!!! WAAAHH!!!
if i was forced to run only 1 mod at a time, it would be this mod only

... thing is Id have 0 ZERO interest in using OpenMW, EXCEPT FOR :

MULTIPLAYER MOD THATS JUST ABOUT DONE!! OOOOOMMMMMGGGGG!!! (needs OpenMW)
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/mwmulti

but seriously, Aerelorn's Combat Enhanced , is AWESOME!!!! A W E S O M E !!!! ...

could it work with OpenMW or not?
is there anything I could do to make it work?
could I like rewrite its scripts or something (Iam a coder, C# tho, but whatevs)

... i mean come on guys... if i was you guys i woulda made sure this mod works with OpenMW and forget all the other mods LMAO

it adds all these combos, its AWESOME
Spoiler: Show
lambda

Re: soo.... Morrowind Enhanced ? Aerelorn's Combat Enhanced ?

Post by lambda »

According to the Nexus page, the mod requires MWE, therefore it does not work in openmw.
friedcod

Post by friedcod »

yeah... its really unfortunate for me :(
it adds so much interesting stuff to the combat

i guess i can use Apoapses Attack and Shields Up .. both by the same person, Apoapse
http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods ... c_game=100
they dont need any script extender or anything, its like the only combat mods i can find that dont need external stuff..

iam kinda not sure Apoapses Attack is even working tho, cause iam missing my attacks ALOT..
i put it on the bottom of my load order..
but i guess IAM only level 1 and not even using my major skill weapon type.. so yeaah.. LOL
it did seem like the enemy was landing hits on me waaay more though.. so yeah i just gotta find a weapon to match my skill i guess
Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic »

Apoapse's Attack requires MWSE. This is said literally at the top of the description of the mod.
Thunderforge

Post by Thunderforge »

The Wiki has a mod status page, which gives a lot of information about mod support. You'll notice that in the "List of Catalogued Utilities" section, both Morrowind Enhanced and Morrowind Script Extender are listed as unsupported. Since they were modifications to the vanilla Morrowind.exe, they will never be supported because OpenMW is a completely different engine. There is the possibility of adding some MWSE functionality, but it's not as easy as it seems (more info can be found here).

That said, if you want this functionality bad enough, you can certainly contribute code to the project to add support for mods based on Morrowind Enhanced. Good luck! :D
friedcod

Post by friedcod »

dang didnt see that about apoapses

hmm was thinking i mean rewrite some script in that mod? cause openMW has like functions or something i can like call to? or something??

because some1 said somewhere that OpenMW wants to have some kind of system that would replace the need for like MWEnhanced or MWScriptExtender , but the mods that work off those things would need to be rewritten...

but he was talking about OpenMW 1.0 ?? i guess?? .. so I have nooo idea where you guys are at or anything like that..
i like JUUUST got a biiig nostalgia for Morrowind, I remember i made some exterior area for Tamriel Rebuilt when i was like a little kid, 13, 14 yrs old,
and i seen theres a multiplayer mod almost really nicely working http://steamcommunity.com/groups/mwmulti

but yeah ... theres no replacer for MWEnhanced ??? or some kinda way that itd be possible to rewrite that mod for OpenMW?