Delayed Dark Brotherhood and Rumour Fix issue (Linux)

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
Backinthe90s

Delayed Dark Brotherhood and Rumour Fix issue (Linux)

Post by Backinthe90s »

Hi,
First just want to say I really like the project and the community OpenMw has. I recently tried to get back into it on a Ubuntu workstation I cobbled together by using Openmw. The problem I'm having though is that it seems Delayed and Solstheim rumour fix are not working. I was wondering where I can check to see if these are actually activating and what steps I can do to ensure they work.
Amenophis

Re: Delayed Dark Brotherhood and Rumour Fix issue (Linux)

Post by Amenophis »

I've been playing with these mods for years with my characters and can assure both work. Can you paste here your mod list? (Please use the spoiler tag to reduce the space used).
Backinthe90s

Post by Backinthe90s »

I'm going straight from my Content List. Hope that's alright.
Spoiler: Show
Amenophis

Post by Amenophis »

I can't see any dialogue mod in your list that can interfere with the delayed ones. Don't get offended but are you sure that you activated the respective check boxes on the left side of the launcher?
Backinthe90s

Post by Backinthe90s »

I won't get offended (that's a perfectly valid step) I have everything in that list checked in the data files tab.
During startup of Morrowind, I can see on the loading bar at the bottom I can see things like MPP 1.6.5 but since that goes by so quick I am unsure of everything that pops.
I know for sure that Herbalism is working as plants are automatically picked up when I click on them. But for whatever reason when I rest I get attacked by Dark Brotherhood Assassins.
Rumour Fix: (I will retry it as I may have talked to Elone in Arrille's tradehouse without realizing she would have that dialogue still)
Amenophis

Post by Amenophis »

Let's do more tests.
You can verify all the mods loaded in your last OpenMW sessions inside the file openmw.log. It will show errors, too. Please confirm if is loaded correctly. Look here where to find it. https://wiki.openmw.org/index.php?title=Paths

Just tested and confirmed the DB Delayed by Kir version on Morrowind Modding History works as intended.Have you been playing with it or other from another source? http://mw.modhistory.com/download-90-8080

If you start a new character and the problem continues, just uncheck half of the mods and start again. If the problem still, uncheck the other half until find the culprit mod.
Backinthe90s

Post by Backinthe90s »

Sorry about the delay between replies I ended up Reinstalling Morrowind and transferring the data files and morrowind.ini back over to my Linux machine. I started using Graphic Herbalism and that seems to have fixed the Brotherhood issue (the thing that makes this so annoying is that the attack is random so I rested about 30 times of varying lengths of time and did not get attacked. Still had issues with the Rumour fix but oh well. Well last night finally had some time to look at it again and this time I used Herbalims for Purists again I moved Rumour Fix and delayed to the bottom of the load order and now it seems to be working. I can talk to the people of Seyda Neen about latest Rumours without everyone talking about Solstheim and it appears the DB attacks are not occurring. I will double check again tonight or tomorrow night and make sure the leveling mod Im using (Better Leveling Vanilla) is working as well as the official addons. The errors I'm seeing in the log file are
Unhandled SDL event of type 0x304 *This shows up before the .esm load as well as a few points such as after I leave Seyda Neen
While on the Prison Ship at beginning I get
Also lastly after leaving the census office
Not sure what the issue is there though.