Catastrophic script error in Mistress Tilani mod

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
vk1970

Catastrophic script error in Mistress Tilani mod

Post by vk1970 »

The console complains about an error in a frame listener and the game freezes your character so you can't move or look around, all you can do is right click or hit escape for the main menu. This happens as soon as you go in the Suran strip club.

I'm using ver .41 Win x64 and this is the only mod in my setup that causes me any problems at all.
I could use some suggestions on how to troubleshoot the script aside from the obvious i.e. letting the compiler yell about errors.

Edit: here are log entries from Openmw.log that may be helpfull...

Loading cell Suran, Desele's House of Earthly Delights
Warning: addAnimSource: can't find bone 'bip01 l toe0' in meshes\stc999\xAnim_WRunNew_01_stc.NIF (referenced by meshes\stc999\xanim_wrunnew_01_stc.kf)
Warning: addAnimSource: can't find bone 'bip01 r toe0' in meshes\stc999\xAnim_WRunNew_01_stc.NIF (referenced by meshes\stc999\xanim_wrunnew_01_stc.kf)
Unhandled effect NiDirectionalLight in meshes/q/xq_spiderbrown.nif
Unhandled effect NiDirectionalLight in meshes/q/xq_spiderbrown.nif
Error in framelistener: Faction 'tilani's cartel' not found

I can exit the game without it crashing, but as I wrote above the player character is frozen in place, unable to move around or look around. I can't find that particular faction referenced in the mod in OpenMW CS.
Loriel

Re: Catastrophic script error in Mistress Tilani mod

Post by Loriel »

Non-existent faction causes game to freeze. Another mod hit by this is Living Cities of Vvardenfell.

See Bug Report #2772 at https://bugs.openmw.org/issues/2772 - which suggests better treatment of these cases.

Loriel