Sotha Sil Expanded

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
TechNoirMK

Sotha Sil Expanded

Post by TechNoirMK »

Issues I've encountered in SSE, posting for posterity [spoilers galore]:

1. When the pipe falls at the beginning of the mod, the controls are not reenabled. Type out "EnablePlayerControls" in console, if you can't move.
2. Lifts moving up and down are simply unusable, use tcl to fly up/down.
3. Elevators are completely broken, but at least they do "teleport" you to the next stage.
(For 2 and 3 - see https://bugs.openmw.org/issues/2274)
4. Vault of Magnus: Illusion test - either I'm retarded and didn't figure out the puzzle, or it just doesn't work. Needs testing in original MW. If stuck, fly using tcl to the lever.
5. Vault of Magnus: Destruction test - projectiles don't hit the fabricant, rendering the puzzle impossible using the spells provided by the puzzle. Bash it to death to pass it. Also, projectiles don't hit the fabricant at Restoration test either, but the puzzle IS passable with the spells.
6. What's with this rectangle instead of a particle in "Sotha Sil, Temple District, Temple of the Tear Down, Training"? I'm pretty sure I've seen this error in Greater Dwemer Ruins too.
http://imgur.com/a/YSxV0
7. The Pocket Cabal fight doesn't start with either of the answers, rendering the rest of the mod unbeatable.

Bugs not exclusive to OpenMW (?):

1. Trainwiz was interested on how the Foundry works, and I haven't encountered any bugs in it. The conveyor belt works by taking advantage of a bug in Morrowind - something for our devs to notice if the bug should be left as it is or somehow worked around.
2. Pevlar's flyers can all be given to a single guy at the bar nearby; the control panel at Garden of Akatosh gives infinite Pruning Shears; High Foremer gives infinite Ceramic Left Pauldrons.
3. Something's up with the Watchmen HQ - it doesn't look that much complicated, but it's one of the only interiors in the mod so far to tank my FPS to 30, or to lower my FPS at all. Even the Catacombs don't lower my FPS to sub-40.

Used OpenMW-b9740fd-win64, mod version 2.2.
Trainwiz replied that he might probably fix them (and I hope he stumbles upon this thread one day), but if anyone encounters more bugs, post here.
TechNoirMK

Re: Sotha Sil Expanded

Post by TechNoirMK »

The Pocket Cabal fight issue can be "fixed" by placing Say after SayDone, but the problem is that the fight starts while the voiceline is still playing instead of starting after the voiceline ends as intended. I don't know what is the source of this error in the first place - some script error or OMW itself. I don't know anything about scripting, just in case. I've asked Scrawl, but he has not responded so far.
WAR10CK

Post by WAR10CK »

The beginning pipe will not even fall in my game. I am going to try something to see if it fixes it.
Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic »

[no longer effective]
Last edited by Capostrophic on 06 Aug 2018, 20:08, edited 1 time in total.
TechNoirMK

Post by TechNoirMK »

Scrawl replied, but he says that the Pocket Cabal script is completely broken in the first place. With Trainwiz saying it's fine, I'm now completely confused. Can anyone with scripting experience please look at _pocket_linecontrol?
sjek

Post by sjek »

Well. With quick looking there's some hacks to get around vanilla compiler + the script is on activator which has editormarker.nif as model which doesn't show ingame at all becos of MRK / tri editormarker in nif.

First there's no pocket_line variable set anywhere and also vanilla cs gives this as a error when trying to compile. Secondly
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Say
doesn't from memory work on else than npc's and creatures just like that but haven't looked to MSFD or other sources. using saydone without player-> gives animation requirement error and continue running executable in morrowind seemingly skipping the orders under it on same if block.

placing that variable as short pocket_line in the start gives the compilation but placing that just to random activator didn't get the sound in vanilla on my end. might as well be hardware as npc didn't work also. the messagebox displayed fine though and enableplayercontrols works.

In openmw the say can be called without player-> in the start also on activators. Not sure if player or the activator is the source of the sound in that case. messagebox though doens't show up.

On the getbuttonpressed part the say function need to be executed fully ie. said before the saydone function works. In vanilla y'r released right after choose so it's probaply returning 1 for first frame of say or executed directly and say catched for next frames, when going into details.

the script:

Code: Select all

begin _pocket_linecontrol

short doonce 
float timer
short messageOn
short button

if(GetDistance, Player <= 200)
		set pocket_line to 1
endif

if(pocket_line >= 1)
	set timer to (timer + GetSecondsPassed)
	if(doonce == 0)
		DisablePlayerControls
		StreamMusic "cabalsong1.mp3"
		say "vo/Sotha/cabal_1.wav" "Ah, a fellow traveler from Veloth. I feasted there, once, on the thought-books of the wizards of the extreme east. I sapped their energy and stole their sanity and grew bloated on their knowledge, until imprisoned here. If you can get here, then I can leave." 
		set doonce to 1
	endif
	if(timer >= 30)
		if(doonce == 1)
			Player-> Say "vo/Sotha/cabal_2.wav", "Sotha Sil is decrepit and in ruins. Its destruction broke my seal, and now I plan to leave. But you are, of course, a tiresome hero, intent on my destruction. Vehk himself could only contain me. So how do you plan to do away with the Pocket Cabal? Might or magic? I won't even consider the possibility of guile."
			set doonce to 2
		endif
	endif
	if(timer >= 51)
		if(doonce == 2)
			set messageOn to 1
			set doonce to 3
		endif
	endif
endif	

if(messageOn == 1)
		MessageBox "Might or Magic?", "Might", "Magic" 
		Set messageOn to 2
endif	

if ( messageOn ==2 )
	set button to GetButtonPressed

if ( button == -1 )	; Nothing
		return;
	endif

if ( button == 0 )
		Player-> Say "vo\Sotha\cabal_32.wav", "Of course a fool like you would try to use brute force. It's worked for all your problems so far, hasn't it? You just hit things until they stop moving. I am afraid you'll find, however, that there's nothing here to hit."
		Set messageOn to 0
		if( Player-> SayDone == 1)
			set pocket_fightstage to 1
			PlaceAtMe "act_sotha_music8" 1 1 1
			EnablePlayerControls
		endif
		return
	endif
	if ( button == 1 )
		Player-> Say "vo\Sotha\cabal_3.wav", "Magic? I knew you were stupid, but I never guessed the sheer depths of your idiocy. I AM magic! The spell-twister itself, all the secrets of the Psijics embodied! By all means, try a spell."
		Set messageOn to 0
		if( Player-> SayDone == 1)
			set pocket_fightstage to 1
			PlaceAtMe "act_sotha_music8" 1 1 1
			EnablePlayerControls
		endif
		return
	endif

endif

end
the pocket_fightstage is referenced in other scripts so guessing that it's global variable. If there's no special magic with separately declared ones then it would probably need to be targeted to certain script.

got the break point from saydone with these. doing saydone before say makes it works in openmw.

Code: Select all

if ( button == 0 )
		if SayDone == 1
			MessageBox "enabled"
			EnablePlayerControls
		endif
		Say "vo\Sotha\cabal_32.wav", "Of course a fool like you would try to use brute force. It's worked for all your problems so far, hasn't it? You just hit things until they stop moving. I am afraid you'll find, however, that there's nothing here to hit."
		Set messageOn to 0
		return
	endif
	if ( button == 1 )
		Say "vo\Sotha\cabal_3.wav", "Magic? I knew you were stupid, but I never guessed the sheer depths of your idiocy. I AM magic! The spell-twister itself, all the secrets of the Psijics embodied! By all means, try a spell."
		Set messageOn to 0
		if SayDone == 1
			EnablePlayerControls
		endif
		return
	endif
CrunchyInMilk

Post by CrunchyInMilk »

Hey all,
Not to necropost, but just in case someone else is having the same problem: you can either edit the mod as above, or you can skip the actual fight, allowing the mod to be completed as usual.

Play as usual up to the point where the Pocket Cabal fight starts. As soon as the pocket cabal offers you Magic or Might, just pick one, it doesn't matter which, then let him finish talking. now in your console, type the following bits in italic

(Because you probably can't move)
EnablePlayerControls

(Technically optional, but prevents weird, out of place journal entries later)
journal sse_slums 10
journal sse_slums 20
journal sse_slums 30
journal sse_slums 40

Now enter ONLY ONE of the following depending on what kind of player you play:
journal sse_slums 50 (Equivalent to murdering your way in through the slums - the NPCs won't talk to you later)
--OR--
journal sse_slums 55 (Equivalent to sparing the NPCs on the way in - the NPCs will like you)

Finally, to make the town not on fire and make the NPCs appear:
Set sotha_deadbegin to 2

It will count as you beating the Pocket Cabal and saving the slums without actually fighting him. TBH, its kind of disappointing as the PC is one of the most unique fights in Morrowind, but hey, completable mod.
AFreakinProblem

Post by AFreakinProblem »

I don't typically necropost, but I was wondering if anyone has gotten this to work as I just started installing mods on OpenMW recently. I know there was a plugin linked in this topic, but the link is now dead.
Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic »

1) Well, not really. Vital scripts don't compile due to significant core differences to how OpenMW and Morrowind engine handle scripts.
2) That patched plugin introduced more issues than it should have solved. Should I make another?
mindbound

Post by mindbound »

What would you say might be the main problems with the way OpenMW handles SSE scripts? I know guaranteed compatibility with mods is currently not to be expected but I could perhaps try to help on either the OpenMW or the SSE side with this one, as I think SSE is pretty much the current pinnacle of Morrowind modding, flaws and bugs notwithstanding.