Sotha Sil Expanded

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
MrButtsavage17

Re: Sotha Sil Expanded

Post by MrButtsavage17 »

My pipe won't fall either, and it won't let me log in to download Capostrophic's plugin. Can anyone help?
kuyondo

Post by kuyondo »

I might make a fix for this, but I have to play the mod first. It seemed like the scripting in the mod is awful(and morrowind engine just accept it).
MrButtsavage17

Post by MrButtsavage17 »

I was able to get further, however it breaks immersion having to turn off collision to get to the next area and then search for the next area. But the rest I got through without too much trouble, there were a few elevators broken but since the pipe incident I figured other things would be broken I would have to cheat through so I had to fly up and ignore the elevators anyway. lol
Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic »

I took that plugin down because I felt like I broke something there.
Here's a plugin I just made (again) where I fixed or at least attempted to fix every error and warning in the scripting. Even then, SSE will not work perfectly, and I don't guarantee I didn't break something.
Attachments
Sotha Sil Expanded.7z
(1.17 MiB) Downloaded 502 times
Jemolk

Post by Jemolk »

Right, so, been testing with Capostrophic's version. Latest nightly build, Linux Mint. First off, I can assure you that you didn't break anything that wasn't already broken. However, the activators in the Vault of Magnus still don't register the presence of the light spell, first. Can activators in OpenMW have spell effects on them? Because this part relies on that functionality, by the looks. Second, the Daedric Servant bit in Fyr Manor's Hall of Achievement is not disabled by default, which may have something to do with the nested ifs, since it seems it would only get to the "else disable" statement if all but the last listed Daedric quest had been completed. Third, the ability added by Sotha Sil's Legs when jumping is only added for the briefest instant as you begin the jump, whereas in vanilla it remained until you hit the ground. This is highly relevant to their usefulness on that count, because this mode includes a slow fall effect. Fourth, still need to re-enable player controls manually every time they're disabled by script. And fifth and finally, the fight with the Pocket Cabal is still broken. The music stops as soon as you move, the Pocket Cabal casts no spells, and activating the activators doesn't seem to do anything.
Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic »

Third, the ability added by Sotha Sil's Legs when jumping is only added for the briefest instant as you begin the jump, whereas in vanilla it remained until you hit the ground.
My guess is that this happens because falling height is reset every frame while a slowfall effect is active, so GetPCJumping gets set to 0 every frame too.

This actually doesn't happen in 0.44.0, but 0.44.0 behavior is even more broken, so, uh, it's a bad frame of reference.
Jemolk

Post by Jemolk »

Oh, yes, also, I figured out, I think, why the music in the Pocket Cabal fight stops. Scripted music in OpenMW plays exactly once through, unless interrupted by a change in music type, in which case it stops prematurely, and then stops. Morrowind.exe loops it continuously until a change in music type. (i.e. between combat and explore)
Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic »

I didn't test but this PR should resolve the issue with the boots. I'm sure we'd all appreciate if someone could test them - using an AppVeyor build artifact on Windows or building a branch with the PR applied manually elsewhere.

Edit: ok, did that myself, the boots that are not actually boots work fine now.
Jemolk

Post by Jemolk »

Capostrophic wrote: 05 Jan 2019, 14:53 I didn't test but this PR should resolve the issue with the boots. I'm sure we'd all appreciate if someone could test them - using an AppVeyor build artifact on Windows or building a branch with the PR applied manually elsewhere.

Edit: ok, did that myself, the boots that are not actually boots work fine now.
Awesome, thanks! I'll keep testing to see if I can figure out where the Pocket Cabal fight is going wrong.
Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic »

There are two problems with Interiors of Illusion:

1) Since non-actor objects don't have a magic effect list, GetSpellEffects fails on them, but since the lighting rods share the script with the flame atronachs there, the script isn't executed for the atronachs either, which leads to the platforms in the location to be unable to be enabled. Morrowind seems to return 0 for non-actor objects when GetSpellEffects is used. If we do that, the script works, but there's a second issue.
2) Atronachs have 100 fight rating for whatever reason so they attack the player... And then fall down from their platforms and die. You can spawn an atronach, set its fight rating to 0 and proceed, though, if 1 is fixed.

TESCS thinks they are supposed to have 90 fight rating, which is much better (they'll only attack if the player is as close as 2000 units). OpenMW-CS freaks out completely, which is weird because I resaved the plugin in it.

No need to rewrite the magic system from scratch to allow non-actor objects to have magic effects, though.