Silt Striders v1.16 by abot

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
Atahualpa

Silt Striders v1.16 by abot

Post by Atahualpa »

@Amenophis: You recently updated our wiki page with some new information regarding that mod. Would you be so kind as to explain the remaining issues? Reading your description, I get the feeling that the mod is still broken in OpenMW. Oh, and were did you find version 1.17? The Nexus only provides v1.16.

Thanks in advance! :)
Amenophis

Re: Silt Striders v1.16 by abot

Post by Amenophis »

Happy new year, Atahualpa. I confused the version number with the birds mod of Abot. Now fixed the wiki.

Into the details:
a) In vanilla while travelling the striders have their legs animated https://youtu.be/mSEE0hzm3ac?t=2m2s. OpenMW don't.
b) Take a trip from Ald'Ruhn to Gnisis: The Striders fall through the terrain with you.
1 Falling.jpg
If you choose to leave the strider in the middle, you will be teleported to the water level.
2 Dismounted.jpg
3 Striders go away.jpg
(Vanilla will leave you on the terrrain.)
c) All the other features works: configurations, teleportation to the pads when the trip ends, weather config, animal don't attacking. I bet this is related to physics part of the engine.
Water Level and without collision 2.jpg
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

Thanks for the detailed explanation, Amenophis! (And for the wiki fix, of course.)

The issue regarding missing leg animation as well as the one regarding being teleported to the water level don't break the game, I suppose. However, falling through the terrain sounds game-breaking to me. Any idea why this happens?
MiroslavR

Post by MiroslavR »

Atahualpa wrote:However, falling through the terrain sounds game-breaking to me. Any idea why this happens?
I believe it's due to incorrect handling of the setPos instruction. Unlike OpenMW, vanilla performs Z position adjustment for actors so they don't end up under the terrain.
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

Looks like the silt strider is always set to the same z level (with the cabin being a little bit above water level). Starting in Ald'ruhn results in diving under the terrain, starting in Balmora makes the silt strider "float" alongside the Odai river.

If it has to do with the setPos command's deviating behaviour, is this something we will implement in OpenMW?