Uncle Sweet's Cellar V1.4 - OpenMW Mod by Frik

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
Frik

Uncle Sweet's Cellar V1.4 - OpenMW Mod by Frik

Post by Frik »

I'm working on my first mod (2nd if you count my Dwemer Coin Replacer). However, this one was created entirely in OpenMW-CS.

Can be downloaded from Nexus:
http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/44676/?

This mod adds a small cellar to Uncle Sweetshare's Workshop. I've also utilized the unused Grandfather Frost NPC by turning him into a merchant & trainer. One updated texture is also included, where I recolored the hat to red, as was originally intended in vanilla Morrowind. Some nice Bloodmoon items are there for the taking, assuming you're sneaky enough to grab them without getting caught. :twisted:

I'm unsure if this mod will work with vanilla Morrowind (don't have a Windows box), but I assume it will. Perhaps someone here can test and let me know. I would appreciate any suggestions or feedback on what I have so far.

Thanks!
Last edited by Frik on 01 Jan 2017, 13:37, edited 15 times in total.
DestinedToDie

Re: Uncle Sweet's Cellar - OpenMW Mod by Frik

Post by DestinedToDie »

Hi hi hi ha ha ha ho ho ho and what a great time for an Uncle Sweetshare mod. :)

About the mod working in the Morrowind engine. You would rename the unclesweetcellar.omwaddon into unclesweetcellar.esp for the Morrowind plugin loader to recognise it, but otherwise it should work. The idea is to have everyone move away from the old Morrowind engine and play on OpenMW tho. With OpenMW-exclusive modding capabilities in the future, the old engine would have no way to interpret new features.
Frik

Post by Frik »

Ha Ha Ho Ho and thank you so for your useful info. :mrgreen:

I've updated the mod, info and the screenshots in the first post. Added some different lighting. Updated Frost's inventory and gave him trainer status. Grandfather is now in the Christmas spirit, with his newly re-textured red fur hat on. 8-)
Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic »

Fun fact: Grandfather Frost aka Ded Moroz from Slavic mythology is an evil spirit of winter actually a New Year's symbol.
Frik

Post by Frik »

I always thought he was the Russian version of Santa Clause. Didn't realize that he passed out presents on New Years.

http://goeasteurope.about.com/od/russia ... nsanta.htm

I suppose neither has much to do with Christmas, though. They're both pagan symbols.

This always cracks me up. :lol:

https://vimeo.com/83819344
Frik

Re: Uncle Sweet's Cellar V1.0 - OpenMW Mod by Frik

Post by Frik »

Mod updated to V1.0. I'm happy with it now. 8-)

I supposed it should be cleaned, at least from what I've read. I must have done 200 edits. Now sure how I'm gonna do that with no Windows rig. Any way to clean in Linux? :P
sjek

Post by sjek »

with openmw-cs that shouldn't be necessary as the cleaning need was due the bugs and design choises in vanilla. mainly saving gmst to mods causing crashes / combability issues from multiple same values

otherwise renaming it to esp and using tes3cmd with perl script comes to mind. should be easy as there's functions for records. other modders use it kinfa regularry to make sweeping changes to multiple entries

http://wiki.theassimilationlab.com/mmw/TES3cmd

better: https://sourceforge.net/p/mlox/wiki/Tes3cmd/
-- commands. " If you wish to use tes3cmd on Linux, it is assumed you can figure out how to convert quoting conventions to work on Linux." maybe right of the bat
Frik

Post by Frik »

Thanks for the info on tes3cmd, sjek. It appears all is well. :mrgreen:

Code: Select all

CLEANING: "UncleSweetsCellar.esp" ...
Loaded cached Master: <DATADIR>/morrowind.esm
Loaded cached Master: <DATADIR>/tribunal.esm
Loaded cached Master: <DATADIR>/bloodmoon.esm
UncleSweetsCellar.esp was not modified
Atahualpa

Re: Uncle Sweet's Cellar V1.1 - OpenMW Mod by Frik

Post by Atahualpa »

@Frik: Looks like your mod is on v1.4 now. Care to update our wiki? Btw: Thanks for your recent contributions! :)
Frik

Re: Uncle Sweet's Cellar V1.1 - OpenMW Mod by Frik

Post by Frik »

Happy to help out! Version updated. 8-)