Question about texture mods priority

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
Netchythenetch

Question about texture mods priority

Post by Netchythenetch »

Greetings, everyone!
I finally caved and decided to install mods properly on openmw (separate folders rule!), but I've run into a bit of a problem. I'm using a big texture pack (connary's) and the "long live the glassware" retexture. Problem is, these two mods modify the same textures (bottles and glass, obviously). I added "long live the glassware" mod last in the "data=" strings, but Connary's textures still seem to have the highest priority (bottles are still ugly). Did I do something wrong?
As usual, thank you for your help.
Frik

Re: Question about texture mods priority

Post by Frik »

You might be running into this issue:
https://bugs.openmw.org/issues/3557#note-7

If you have assets of the same name located in your "data" folder, those assets will not be replaced by the replacer mods.

To avoid this issue, I keep all mods in a separate "mods" folder. The only files in my data folder are .esm & .bsa files for Morrowind/Tribunal/Bloodmoon (and a splash screen image folder).
Netchythenetch

Post by Netchythenetch »

I reinstalled Morrowind, and that solved a problem for another mod (Django's tapestries), but bottles and glasses are still unaffected.
Frik

Post by Frik »

If you could attach your openmw.cfg, it might lead to a resolution of this problem