[TC] - Arktwendt

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
akortunov

Re: [TC] - Arktwendt

Post by akortunov »

I uploaded the port of Arktwend to OpenMW.
I replaced umlauts in game files, so bug #3977 should not be a big issue now.

Notes:
1. You can encounter bug #3950. I fixed Taverne.nif and Taverne2.nif models, but there can be other models affected.
2. You definely will encounter bug #3803. I have no idea how to fix it for now.
3. You need to use upstream master instead of 0.43. Also PR #1692 should fix crash during nightmare scene.
4. Arktwend is a quite buggy, I did not touch anything but compatibility with OpenMW.
I played from start to Stormwend, no severe problems so far.
Jemolk

Post by Jemolk »

akortunov wrote: 01 May 2018, 15:31 2. You definely will encounter bug #3803. I have no idea how to fix it for now.
A solution from Stuporstar on the Uvirith's Legacy compatibility thread:
Stuporstar wrote: 08 Jan 2018, 22:55 I can't remember if I mentioned this before, but in UL 4.0, all sitting NPCs will be standing on non-collision chairs, which should fix their floating problem.
Seems like it should work to solve this pretty well.
akortunov

Post by akortunov »

Jemolk wrote: 01 May 2018, 16:40Seems like it should work to solve this pretty well.
It will help in some cases (and will make things even worse in others), but the problem is wider.
dudezzz

Post by dudezzz »

FYI for anyone interested in using the OpenMW version of Arktwend, PR #1692 hasn't been merged yet, so the current nightly Windows build will crash at a scene about a half-hour in to Arktwend. Hopefully the fix will be merged soon!
akortunov

Post by akortunov »

I managed to finish main quest line and factions quest lines in Arktwend.
This mod suffers from several old-known engine side bugs, but at least it is playable.

Note: with unpatched version you can encounter crashes or freeze due to #2772 and #4299, also this mod contains many bugs itself, so I recommend to use the Arktwend General Fixes plugin from this page.
Amenophis

Post by Amenophis »

Fantastic. Thank you! I doing my first run and just arrived at the monastery and have two reports:
1 The enemies that start to hunt the player after you try to sleep at the Inn, never disappear. The guard at the monastery don't help if I arrive with them inside the cloister. I managed to lost them in the bottom of the canyon around the Brotherhood but I can see they still attacking from distance.
2 Can't join the brotherhood because the Father has a error inside the dialog box about the character "ǀ". So, this new update fixed this error?
damiel

Post by damiel »

Maybe a stupid question but can i just use the english version of Arktwend if i only have a the german version of Morrowind or will that cause any issues? Only thing i can think of is to set the language in the launcher to english instead of german?
akortunov

Post by akortunov »

damiel wrote: 03 Jun 2018, 15:09 Maybe a stupid question but can i just use the english version of Arktwend if i only have a the german version of Morrowind or will that cause any issues? Only thing i can think of is to set the language in the launcher to english instead of german?
Arktwend do not use Morrowind.esm and expansions, so it should work.
But you will have German menu (since it uses texture buttons) and voiced speech.
Amenophis wrote: 03 Jun 2018, 12:28 Fantastic. Thank you! I doing my first run and just arrived at the monastery and have two reports:
1 The enemies that start to hunt the player after you try to sleep at the Inn, never disappear. The guard at the monastery don't help if I arrive with them inside the cloister. I managed to lost them in the bottom of the canyon around the Brotherhood but I can see they still attacking from distance.
2 Can't join the brotherhood because the Father has a error inside the dialog box about the character "ǀ". So, this new update fixed this error?
1. Judging by scripts, enemies in Hamlet of Gron are supposed to disappear only after 24 hours. Honestly, I have no idea how to get rid of them. How they behave in vanilla game? Maybe the player supposed to rest on the attic until they leave?
Guards helps you only against creatures in both vanilla and OpenMW.
2. Strange. Dialog about joining has Brother Tuk, not Father. The dialog script had the strange syntax:

Code: Select all

PCJoinFaction [Bruderschaft]
and OpenMW complained about brackets. I removed brackets in latest (0.4) update.
In vanilla game this PCJoinFaction is just a no-op.
damiel

Post by damiel »

akortunov wrote: 03 Jun 2018, 17:08 Arktwend do not use Morrowind.esm and expansions, so it should work.
But you will have German menu (since it uses texture buttons) and voiced speech.
Thanks for confirming, i tried it now for myself, seems to be fine as so far, i just found a couple of bugs i think, not sure if they were already there or if they are openmw specific, i will investigate.
Amenophis

Post by Amenophis »

Thanks, again.
Edit:
Hello. Just verified that brackets still there in the dialog with Brother Tuk in General Fixes version 0.4. Sorry.
Last edited by Amenophis on 04 Jun 2018, 20:24, edited 1 time in total.