Older bump mapped mods (and how to make them work in OpenMW)

Learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
lysol

Re: Older bump mapped mods (and how to make them work in OpenMW)

Post by lysol » 01 Dec 2017, 15:18

akortunov wrote:
01 Dec 2017, 15:10
A well-known issue. That's because you deleted the bump maps, but your NiTexturingProperty nodes have "Has Bump Map Texture" enabled.
This warning is harmless.
Ah yes, that was the one yes. I never bothered to look up exactly what the error some people reported about was, but I knew it was something about not removing some block or node or whatever.
Normal mapped texture replacers, exclusive for OpenMW:
My Nexus page

Vinditus

Post by Vinditus » 01 Dec 2017, 16:46

Thank you lysol for taking the time to reply and thank you akortunov for your solution, that fixed it, no more errors caused by this mesh.
I couldn't see what was missing or what did I did wrong, it was driving me crazy.

I have a question however.
For some meshes, the process is extremely long, because they contain many references for bump maps in their trishapes.
(ex: https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/42113/ )
Is their a way to automate this process ?

AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 » 02 Dec 2017, 04:32

NifSkope and the libraries it uses are all open-source, so automation is definitely not out of the question. IIRC, someone even made a start on a script that would deal with it, but I don't think anyone's ever actually finished writing a script that would deal with it.

If anyone wants to try, my recommendation would be to ask someone who knows their stuff about NifSkope (e.g. Neomonkeus) how exactly they'd deal with it and go from there.