Mog Mod Hand Fix Not Working?

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
LazerLatte

Mog Mod Hand Fix Not Working?

Post by LazerLatte »

Hey, anyone familiar with the Mog race mod? It has this weird bug with the hands that requires a seperate mod to fix, some issue with the hand mesh stretching and the wrists not appearing. This fix is non-functional on OpenMW. Is there anything I can do to make it work right?
Capostrophic

Re: Mog Mod Hand Fix Not Working?

Post by Capostrophic »

Any mog race hand fix I could find only makes female mogs use a proper wrist mesh so as not to have marker_error.nifs instead. So, by definition, this fix is functional on OpenMW.
Wrist meshes being misplaced for both genders is a separate issue.
LazerLatte

Post by LazerLatte »

Capostrophic wrote: 08 Apr 2018, 18:21 Any mog race hand fix I could find only makes female mogs use a proper wrist mesh so as not to have marker_error.nifs instead. So, by definition, this fix is functional on OpenMW.
Wrist meshes being misplaced for both genders is a separate issue.
By definition maybe, not in practice. The wrists are completely invisible for me, but when running morrowind in the original engine I have absolutely no issues.
Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic »

Both by definition and practice. The fix works as intended but it doesn't fix this specific problem.
LazerLatte

Post by LazerLatte »

Capostrophic wrote: 09 Apr 2018, 14:48 Both by definition and practice. The fix works as intended but it doesn't fix this specific problem.
Okay wait I'm getting confused here...

The fix works on the original engine

However when I run the same exact data files through OpenMW it does not

Is it possible the fuzz/fluff/fur on the "nude" mesh is causing problems? On the original engine the wrists, when not covered by clothing, display fur coming off of the arms. In fact if you go nude the whole body is covered with these extra fur meshes. Maybe some script for determining when the uncovered mesh with the fur meshes showing should be displayed is not functioning properly on OpenMW?
Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic »

I repeat: the only thing that the fix mod is fixing is the female wrist mesh being missing - it replaces the used body part mesh with the corresponding male mesh. Now, as to mog wrists being misplaced in general, it's a completely different possibly OpenMW-related issue.

No scripts are used in the race mod.
LazerLatte

Post by LazerLatte »

Capostrophic wrote: 09 Apr 2018, 16:38 I repeat: the only thing that the fix mod is fixing is the female wrist mesh being missing - it replaces the used body part mesh with the corresponding male mesh. Now, as to mog wrists being misplaced in general, it's a completely different possibly OpenMW-related issue.

No scripts are used in the race mod.
Then it's something to do with OpenMW. I'm not sure how the mod was even made but I don't think OpenMW should be looking in a different place than vanilla Morrowind for what it needs to display the appropriate mesh. So it's not a case of it being misplaced but rather OpenMW lacks a certain functionality that was present in the original engine I'm wanting to think.