Script fix mods to use with OMW

Learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
Post Reply
jonimacarroni
Posts: 14
Joined: 26 Sep 2017, 23:43

Script fix mods to use with OMW

Post by jonimacarroni » 27 Sep 2017, 00:18

I've been using openmw for a few months now, and I have found that many mods made for vanilla that required scripting are not working in OMW. Apparently this is supposed to happen, as many of these mods have coding mistakes that OpenMW does not tolerate, unlike vanilla. Of the top of my head, I have that "Magical Missions" and "Buy a House" have many problems, and dialogue/quests do not progress. Also, I have that really annoying bug where the gateway haunt ghost does not stop respawning, even after completing the associated quest.

Supposedly, some of the bugs present in vanilla are fixed by the various existing script fixing mods. At the moment I am using (in launcher load order):
GOTYMinImpactSomeMPPv2.01.esp
Morrowind Patch v1.6.6_beta.esp
gr_ScriptImprovements.esp
Unofficial Morrowind Official Plugins Patched.esp
Patch for Purists v1.5.esp
Illy's Solstheim Rumour Fix.esp
Lore Fix.esp

I think Patch for Purists is supposed to be compatible with OpenMW.

My questions are:
1 - What Script fixing mods do you recommend for an OpenMW build? I am basically looking for the most possible amount of bug fixing.
2 - Are the ones I have too many, and possibly, a source of bugs in OMW? I know some of them overlap, but I thought the load order would allow me to essentially bypass this problem, as the scripts get replaced.
Last edited by jonimacarroni on 27 Sep 2017, 03:18, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
kuyondo
Posts: 118
Joined: 29 Mar 2016, 17:45

Re: Script fix mods to use with OMW

Post by kuyondo » 27 Sep 2017, 03:01

jonimacarroni wrote:
27 Sep 2017, 00:18
I've been using openmw for a few months now, and I have found that many mods made for vanilla that required scripting are not working in OMW. Apparently this is supposed to happen, as many of these mods have coding mistakes that OpenMW does not tolerate, unlike vanilla.
OpenMW has a strict scripting syntax compared to vanilla, I think its up to the mod author to ameliorate the script issue. Common mistakes are extra/missing if/endif, vague operators, wrong functions and unused variables.

jonimacarroni
Posts: 14
Joined: 26 Sep 2017, 23:43

Re: Script fix mods to use with OMW

Post by jonimacarroni » 27 Sep 2017, 03:08

kuyondo wrote:
27 Sep 2017, 03:01
jonimacarroni wrote:
27 Sep 2017, 00:18
I've been using openmw for a few months now, and I have found that many mods made for vanilla that required scripting are not working in OMW. Apparently this is supposed to happen, as many of these mods have coding mistakes that OpenMW does not tolerate, unlike vanilla.
OpenMW has a strict scripting syntax compared to vanilla, I think its up to the mod author to ameliorate the script issue. Common mistakes are extra/missing if/endif, vague operators, wrong functions and unused variables.
That is what I've been reading here in the forums. Do you have input on my questions?

User avatar
kuyondo
Posts: 118
Joined: 29 Mar 2016, 17:45

Re: Script fix mods to use with OMW

Post by kuyondo » 27 Sep 2017, 03:12

jonimacarroni wrote:
27 Sep 2017, 00:18
Supposedly, some of the bugs present in vanilla are fixed by the various existing script fixing mods. At the moment I am using (in launcher load order):
GOTYMinImpactSomeMPPv2.01.esp
Morrowind Patch v1.6.6_beta.esm
gr_ScriptImprovements.esm
Unofficial Morrowind Official Plugins Patched.esm
Patch for Purists v1.5.esm
Illy's Solstheim Rumour Fix.esp
Lore Fix.esp

I think Patch for Purists is supposed to be compatible with OpenMW.

My questions are:
1 - What Script fixing mods do you recommend for an OpenMW build? I am basically looking for the most possible amount of bug fixing.
2 - Are the ones I have too many, and possibly, a source of bugs in OMW? I know some of them overlap, but I thought the load order would allow me to essentially bypass this problem, as the scripts get replaced.
I am currently using all the above except GOTYMinImpactMPP and gr_scriptImprovements. So far, I do not encounter any problems in my games.

1. I can recommend you this mod for script fixes, make sure you load it exactly after Morrowind Patch v1.6.6_beta, or pick one of it to use. Its mostly the same patch except its strictly bug fixes no balance. Get it here->https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45210/?

2. I think your listed mods are okay. Maybe your other mods is causing the problems. But I think .esp should be loaded after .esm files.

jonimacarroni
Posts: 14
Joined: 26 Sep 2017, 23:43

Re: Script fix mods to use with OMW

Post by jonimacarroni » 27 Sep 2017, 03:24

kuyondo wrote:
27 Sep 2017, 03:12
jonimacarroni wrote:
27 Sep 2017, 00:18
Supposedly, some of the bugs present in vanilla are fixed by the various existing script fixing mods. At the moment I am using (in launcher load order):
GOTYMinImpactSomeMPPv2.01.esp
Morrowind Patch v1.6.6_beta.esm
gr_ScriptImprovements.esm
Unofficial Morrowind Official Plugins Patched.esm
Patch for Purists v1.5.esm
Illy's Solstheim Rumour Fix.esp
Lore Fix.esp

I think Patch for Purists is supposed to be compatible with OpenMW.

My questions are:
1 - What Script fixing mods do you recommend for an OpenMW build? I am basically looking for the most possible amount of bug fixing.
2 - Are the ones I have too many, and possibly, a source of bugs in OMW? I know some of them overlap, but I thought the load order would allow me to essentially bypass this problem, as the scripts get replaced.
I am currently using all the above except GOTYMinImpactMPP and gr_scriptImprovements. So far, I do not encounter any problems in my games.

1. I can recommend you this mod for script fixes, make sure you load it exactly after Morrowind Patch v1.6.6_beta, or pick one of it to use. Its mostly the same patch except its strictly bug fixes no balance. Get it here->https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45210/?

2. I think your listed mods are okay. Maybe your other mods is causing the problems. But I think .esp should be loaded after .esm files.
Thanks for pointing out about the esm's. It was a typo, they are all supposed to be esp's. I already edited the post.
That isn't my full load order, I have a load of mods, including the first two I mentioned in the original post, which give me the describe problems related to scripting.
And thank you very much for the patch suggestion.
Can you post here an example of how your load order for the script fixing addons look? So that I can compare mine with someone else's.

User avatar
kuyondo
Posts: 118
Joined: 29 Mar 2016, 17:45

Re: Script fix mods to use with OMW

Post by kuyondo » 27 Sep 2017, 09:21

1. Tribunal.esm
2. Bloodmoon.esm
3. The Undead.esm
4. Unofficial Morrowind Official Plugins Patch.esp
5. Patch v1.6.3.1 based on thepal
6. Poorly placed object fixed.esp
7. Illy's Solstheim Rumour Fix.esp
8. Lore Fix.esp
.
.
.
.quest mods, texture and meshes mods, house mods, etc..
.
.
.
Lastly, multipatch.esp

If you find any script errors in your game, please clarify, so I can find out more about it and try to fix it. :)

jonimacarroni
Posts: 14
Joined: 26 Sep 2017, 23:43

Re: Script fix mods to use with OMW

Post by jonimacarroni » 27 Sep 2017, 14:42

kuyondo wrote:
27 Sep 2017, 09:21
1. Tribunal.esm
2. Bloodmoon.esm
3. The Undead.esm
4. Unofficial Morrowind Official Plugins Patch.esp
5. Patch v1.6.3.1 based on thepal
6. Poorly placed object fixed.esp
7. Illy's Solstheim Rumour Fix.esp
8. Lore Fix.esp
.
.
.
.quest mods, texture and meshes mods, house mods, etc..
.
.
.
Lastly, multipatch.esp

If you find any script errors in your game, please clarify, so I can find out more about it and try to fix it. :)
Thank you very much, I will try to do so. I'm in the process of fixing clashes between my mods, so eventually I will probably try to fix the problematic scripts in OpenMW-CS.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests