Alternative Daggerfall mod

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
mingorau

Alternative Daggerfall mod

Post by mingorau »

Hi, I'm thinking about using the openmw engine for a personal game project, called Alternative Daggerfall. In this variant of the game the player never leaves Privateer's Hold but he discovers a large network of tunnels, an immense cave system leading to Daggerfall underworld and will start his adventures there.

I have been reading a few things on the wiki but it's not very clear what is the working pipeline. If i understood correctly we need an empty .esm file (can you provide this?), an editor that can edit morrowind plugins (will Dave H. editor work?), an older version of Blender and Python to export NIF models, and the last version of openmw.

I'm going to make a small test, trying to import an interior cave model, with colision. I will then try to get the game start and walk around in the cave, then i will say more about my experience.
sirherrbatka

Re: Alternative Daggerfall mod

Post by sirherrbatka »

http://www.fileplanet.com/138518/130000 ... nk-ESM-2.0

Version 2.0 is even more blank then 1.0! ;-)
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

That would have been helpful ;)
mingorau

Post by mingorau »

I figured out a way to create a blank esm/esp with the original TESCS and the Morrowind Enchanted Editor. What I can't figure out is what is the minimum requirements in game content for a game to start. My guess is that the game needs an initial scene, a reference to a player record and a basic set of meshes animations for player. Without knowing exactly how this works i'm stuck, since i'm not using any of Morrowinds original content.
hircine

Post by hircine »

mingorau wrote:I figured out a way to create a blank esm/esp with the original TESCS and the Morrowind Enchanted Editor. What I can't figure out is what is the minimum requirements in game content for a game to start. My guess is that the game needs an initial scene, a reference to a player record and a basic set of meshes animations for player. Without knowing exactly how this works i'm stuck, since i'm not using any of Morrowinds original content.
Use enchanted editor to delete the Cell/Landscape records of my Morrowind.ESM found in the sticky in the Example suite subforum.

basically everything else is needed(I did a lot of experimenting to get all the necessary data).