Morrowind alchemy bug "type in your name"

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
Myckel

Morrowind alchemy bug "type in your name"

Post by Myckel »

Because I spend again an hour to fix this same glitch (and many people have this problem in the original Morrowind) I decided to document this here. I don't bother to register around the internet to post this in every topic it has been mentioned in.

If you happen to be on a forum where someone asks this question, please post this solution.

So, what's the problem?
In the original Bethesda Morrowind, when you try to create potions there is a good chance these days that you get a message to type in the name of the potion, while the text field already contains the name. And this can happen a lot. Problem is, sometimes it works, sometimes not. Result is that you can't create potions.
People have already suggested many workarounds, like changing settings, dropping ingredients or apparatuses and picking them up again. But these don't really work often.

<edit>
Was to quick with my conclusion. This is not the solution.
</edit>
Tarius

Re: Morrowind alchemy bug "type in your name"

Post by Tarius »

Ok, I havent tried the alchemy portion of OpenMW yet. Are you saying this happens here?
Myckel

Post by Myckel »

Tarius wrote:Ok, I havent tried the alchemy portion of OpenMW yet. Are you saying this happens here?
No, that's also why I put it in off-topic. It is a bug in Morrowind, not OpenMW! I managed to fix it on Windows (I think by activating compatibility mode for XP), but can't seem to fix it under Wine.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

fixed in MCP