topic to flame MS and DX11

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
Tarius

Re: topic to flame MS and DX11

Post by Tarius »

You should take into account that you really only need an apple if you do art and video editing and such, otherwise you dont need one and its simply wasting money. Apple still uses the same hardware for the most part.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Rabble rabble rabble...

Debates like this should be focused on specific, logically debatable topics. Discussing over-generalized things like which OS is "good" vs "bad" isn't going to go anywhere.

Personally I like Linux because it's free, secure, and has a wealth of freely-available quality applications available through a package manager.

The only one of those things that any other OS might have is Secure, and even that is highly debatable. But non-open source OSes simply can't be free, nor do they offer package management systems.
Okulo

Post by Okulo »

raevol wrote:Personally I like Linux because it's free, secure, and has a wealth of freely-available quality applications available through a package manager.
I was really impressed by that when I tried a distro. "What do you mean, 'just go to the package manager'? Shouldn't I download it from the respective websi- OH HOLY SHIT LOOK AT ALL THAT FREE SOFTWARE!"

That's the moment where I really started loving Open Source software.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Okulo wrote:I was really impressed by that when I tried a distro. "What do you mean, 'just go to the package manager'? Shouldn't I download it from the respective websi- OH HOLY SHIT LOOK AT ALL THAT FREE SOFTWARE!"

That's the moment where I really started loving Open Source software.
Same here. And then when updates just show up for you to apply, it's awesome.