Modding-OpenMW.com -- CFG Generator update

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
ModdingOpenMWdotcom

Modding-OpenMW.com -- CFG Generator update

Post by ModdingOpenMWdotcom »

Hey folks,

I just deployed a pretty large update to the CFG Generator and wanted to share if with the forum. If you want to try it you can find that here.

Noteable changes:
  • If a mod has any extra configuration (e.g. True Lights and Darkness, or Skies .IV), the generator now provides this in a copy-pasteable form.
  • All data paths for selected mods are provided now (also in a copy-pasteable form.)
  • All mods, not just the Overhaul List mods, are available on the CFG Generator. As of this post that's 273 mods!
  • Not just in the CFG Generator but all over the site - I now check your user agent and provide data paths based on what your OS appears to be. If I can't guess it, you get a windows path.
  • I've got a few more ideas planned, such as additional sections for "Extra Notes" and "Needs Cleaning" for any mods with either. Look out for these!
If I don't hear about any major problems, this will end up on the main site in a week or so.

Thanks as always for visiting, and happy modding!
1Mac

Re: Modding-OpenMW.com -- CFG Generator update

Post by 1Mac »

Just wanted to say that as I’ve been planning my Morrowind setup, I’ve found your site very helpful. Looking forward to future updates!
Ravenwing

Post by Ravenwing »

This looks great! Thank you! Pretty much the best thing short of an actual mod manager.
ModdingOpenMWdotcom

Post by ModdingOpenMWdotcom »

1Mac wrote: 28 Feb 2019, 04:58 Just wanted to say that as I’ve been planning my Morrowind setup, I’ve found your site very helpful. Looking forward to future updates!
Excellent! I'm so glad to hear that, and I hope you enjoy your playthrough. :D
Ravenwing wrote: 28 Feb 2019, 06:54 This looks great! Thank you! Pretty much the best thing short of an actual mod manager.
Thanks Ravenwing! I'm hoping that someday the site may be plugged into a manager or launcher of some sort.... I'm a dreamer!