What linux do you use?

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Re: What linux do you use?

Post by psi29a »

Ubuntu and Debian. Was a Gentoo dev for four years, I still like it, but prefer being able to get work done now. ;)
raevol

Post by raevol »

BrotherBrick wrote:I still like it, but prefer being able to get work done now. ;)
:D The story of Linux right there...
Yacoby

Post by Yacoby »

BrotherBrick wrote:Ubuntu and Debian. Was a Gentoo dev for four years, I still like it, but prefer being able to get work done now. ;)
You see to me Gentoo just seems too far, but Arch is a happy mid point (I haven't really had that many problems with Arch tbh)
pvdk

Post by pvdk »

Arch here too, 64-bit. Before that I ran Debian and whenever I was having a problem Google would come up with links to the Arch wiki, so that made me decide to give Arch a try. Never regretted that decision.
The old Gentoo wiki was great too, until it went down a couple of years ago.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

raevol wrote:
BrotherBrick wrote:I still like it, but prefer being able to get work done now. ;)
:D The story of Linux right there...
There are levels of productivity... ;)

Seriously though, for work and any work, it was Debian or Ubuntu because they just work and are stable. To be fair, I started with SuSE in 1995 and later switched to Debian for ease of use then to Ubuntu.
Yacoby wrote:You see to me Gentoo just seems too far, but Arch is a happy mid point (I haven't really had that many problems with Arch tbh)
It does go far, everyone rushing to 'stabilize' bleeding edge. I was one of those people, but I was also adventurous in trying to get things going on SGI MIPS equipment that I had. Indy, Octane and a few Cobalt RAQs I also had a lot more time on my hands then.

The story is different these days. I just want it to work and not get in my way, which so far Ubuntu does with minimal effort. Rolling out Ubuntu on these is pretty damn simple: my work
raevol

Post by raevol »

BrotherBrick wrote:my work
:shock: <3