morrowind gravity, movement etc.

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
sirherrbatka

morrowind gravity, movement etc.

Post by sirherrbatka »

This one became frustrating for me. Speed cap is easy to get (wait around 10 seconds to get max speed and start measurment). I did that and get around 395 u/s

calculating this with different method gave me around 370 u/s That just pists me off.

And since my math is covered with nice, thick plate of rust I can't say why the hell this is wrong: http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=so ... %2Fa+for+a

If someone is able to figure out the thing I will be gratefull.
sirherrbatka

Re: morrowind gravity, movement etc.

Post by sirherrbatka »

Post from tarius
I plugged in the values for that equation and it came out wrong. Something definitly isnt right. I dont have the time to check right now, but mabe later I will. (it has been a while since I have done calculations like this, but I know that the numbers should at least roughly match up regardless of how its done) If you assume constant acceleration, you get a value like 1.3m/s^2, which I am sure is not right. I do know though, that anything that is calculated will have to match up with the average speed of 56-57m/s pretty closely(give or take 1m/s at most) or you can count on something being wrong.
I would have agree that if the original height is off from what you think, that would throw everything off.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

I must admit that I didn't checked my calculations. But yes, they are wrong -_-'
Tarius

Post by Tarius »

Here is a question/request. I know you guys will be implementing physics, and that likely means allowing updated .nif files. With MW, most stuff didnt have any physical characteristics specified, things like elasticity, mass, etc. Would it be possible to include whatever default values you make meshes (without physical characteristics) in an .ini file or something? This way people can change them to their liking.

It would also be nice to have complete documentation on what various things are needed in a .nif file to utilize the physics.