In the past, some folks had expressed an interest in me "open sourcing" the site code. I'd like to get the ball rolling on this process and wanted to get some feedback from the OpenMW community about how you'd like to see this play out.
I'm looking for thoughts on:
1. How to host the code (self-hosted Gitea or similar, Github, Gitlab, etc)
2. How to handle merge requests and releases
3. How to decide the overall future of the website
I created the site as a pet project for documenting my personal mod list, but it is becoming something bigger than just my lists. The site has grown to what it is now thanks to user feedback and an awesome community, I want to ensure this momentum isn't lost and that the community is involved even moreso than they are now.
Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
1. The Winds seems to be blowing towards GitLab for these kinds of projects right now, and that doesn't sound bad to me.
2. I guess you start out as a one (wo)man team and when/if you get pull requests you decide if you want to merge. After a while some of the people requesting pulls (or others) might want to join and the team expands. Or was the question more technical in nature?
3. This forum and the way you have interacted here about the site sounds good to me, staying in one place (this site) is probably good to get as much of a dialog as possible.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests