Modding-OpenMW.com - 18.08 Site Update

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
ModdingOpenMWdotcom

Modding-OpenMW.com - 18.08 Site Update

Post by ModdingOpenMWdotcom »

Greetings everyone, it's M'aiq The Admin from over at Modding-OpenMW.com and I wanted to make a quick announcement about a site update that's going to be hitting this weekend.

I've prepared a blog post that will go into much more detail about all the changes in store, but some highlights include:
  • CFG Generator -- ensure you've got the right plugin order for your loadout!
  • An enhanced user feedback form -- hopefully making it easier for folks to submit recommendations, fixes, or just general feedback
  • Added several mods, including new categorization for mods that are not yet compatible with OpenMW. Look for the new "Compatibility" indicator on each mod's detail page.
  • More tips and settings tweaks are covered
  • Fancy buttons instead of plain text links
  • New pictures
  • And much more. Be sure to check out the blog for full details!
For those of you that just can't wait, I've got a preview of the updates live on the beta version of the site. Feel free to hop on over there and take a look!

Until next time,
-M
Ravenwing

Re: Modding-OpenMW.com - 18.08 Site Update

Post by Ravenwing »

It’s looking good M’aiq! The extra tags will be really helpful. You may not have uploaded the change yet, but I didn’t notice a difference to your contact form. Also, it might be helpful to make the contact form easier to get to, cause I had to go through the FAQ page. I’m also browsing on my phone right now so maybe that hid something. While I was on the FAQ page I noticed it said if something is incompatible you won’t be able to find it on the site, but that’s changing now right? ;) Anyway, keep up the good work! :D
ModdingOpenMWdotcom

Ravenwing wrote: 03 Aug 2018, 14:37 It’s looking good M’aiq! The extra tags will be really helpful. You may not have uploaded the change yet, but I didn’t notice a difference to your contact form. Also, it might be helpful to make the contact form easier to get to, cause I had to go through the FAQ page. I’m also browsing on my phone right now so maybe that hid something. While I was on the FAQ page I noticed it said if something is incompatible you won’t be able to find it on the site, but that’s changing now right? ;) Anyway, keep up the good work! :D
Hey Ravenwing- good stuff! I'll soon be pushing an update to the beta site with changes based on your feedback and more.
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

ModdingOpenMWdotcom wrote: 03 Aug 2018, 00:55 Greetings everyone, it's M'aiq The Admin from over at Modding-OpenMW.com and I wanted to make a quick announcement about a site update that's going to be hitting this weekend. [...]
That looks nice, M'aiq! I look forward to working with you and help expanding our ever-growing list of tested mods. :)

Btw: Why is this in the Off Topic section? Shouldn't we move this to our Mod Compatibility subforum?
ModdingOpenMWdotcom

Atahualpa wrote: 03 Aug 2018, 22:47 That looks nice, M'aiq! I look forward to working with you and help expanding our ever-growing list of tested mods. :)

Btw: Why is this in the Off Topic section? Shouldn't we move this to our Mod Compatibility subforum?
Hey Atahualpa- thanks a bunch! I put this in off-topic because I figured it was more about the site than mod compatibility, but if it belongs there let's move it.
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

ModdingOpenMWdotcom wrote: 04 Aug 2018, 13:48 Hey Atahualpa- thanks a bunch! I put this in off-topic because I figured it was more about the site than mod compatibility, but if it belongs there let's move it.
Hm, maybe it'd be better to update my rather outdated Read First thread in the mod compatibility subforum. That would keep the important info in one place, while you can keep us posted about your site here.

I'll come up with a draft of my updated post soon.