Elder Scrolls: VI

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
AnyOldName3

Re: Elder Scrolls: VI

Post by AnyOldName3 »

Valenwood
I'd be surprised if we ever see a TES game set exclusively in Valenwood if it's not set way before or after the existing ones given the Bosmers' tendency to not kill things they don't intend to eat.
tomangelo

Post by tomangelo »

Well, that could bring some mechanic of believer/non-believer Bosmers, either you keep on with all these restrictions and get some buffs, or not give a damn about that and get another perks (or not).
augustt

Post by augustt »

This announcement is essentially a PR move to keep people from worrying and asking Bethesda incessantly if they've decided to never make another single player ES game.

Remember that the core Bethesda team is still working on Starfield, so that game has to get finished and out the door before ESVI can kick into high gear.

So it's going to be several years before we see it. They just want everyone to know that ESO isn't a replacement for an ESVI and they will get to it after their current project.
tomangelo

Post by tomangelo »

Bethesda basically said
Yes, we're working on something in this universe, we don't even know how it will be named yet, now shut the hell up about us porting Skyrim to microvawes and traffic lights
in a way that make people cheer. Speech - 80
In the end it's still good news. I wonder how they'll solve Skyrim civil war.
Thunderforge

Post by Thunderforge »

tomangelo wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 00:32 I wonder how they'll solve Skyrim civil war.
Given that Alduin is related to Akatosh, I wouldn’t be surprised if they invent a reason for a Dragon Break to occur so that both sides win.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

Skyrim is a game about Akatosh's youngest child killing his oldest child, so I feel broken dragons are to be expected.
Rovlad

Post by Rovlad »

If I were to speculate from the "trailer", geographically it looks very much like Rihad (nothing else really fits), so Hammerfell.
But hey, it could be Daggerfall 2 for all we know.
thrawn05

Post by thrawn05 »

AnyOldName3 wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 00:58 Skyrim is a game about Akatosh's youngest child killing his oldest child, so I feel broken dragons are to be expected.
Thank you. I am glad I wasn't only one who thought of it as an excuse for allowing all of Skyrim story endings as valid much like Daggerfall's endings.
Okulo

Post by Okulo »

Pretty lame to keep reusing the same idea, though. All those Dragon Breaks really need some lampshade hanging in the next game.
Thunderforge

Post by Thunderforge »

Okulo wrote: 19 Jun 2018, 16:03 Pretty lame to keep reusing the same idea, though. All those Dragon Breaks really need some lampshade hanging in the next game.
I'm sure that M'aiq the Liar will have something to say about it.

"Dragons keep getting broken. But nobody fixes them. Who knows what would have happened had heroes put the dragons back together instead of making armor out of them."