Microsoft Buys Github for $7.5 Billion

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
Zini

Re: Microsoft Buys Github for $7.5 Billion

Post by Zini »

welp.. scrawls gone. expecting another massive delay for openmw 1.0 to be completed
Absolutely not. scrawl has been mostly inactive for most of the year anyway. It doesn't make a huge difference for 1.0. Not having his help for planing out the post 1.0 graphics changes is much more painful.
Thunderforge

Re: Microsoft Buys Github for $7.5 Billion

Post by Thunderforge »

Microsoft buying GitHub produced a wide range of reactions, from some being indifferent (or even praising it) to being very discouraged by it. Scrawl cited it as his reason for leaving the project. But as Zini said, he has been largely inactive for the last year. We will continue on and the future is looking pretty healthy.

Additionally, Microsoft's purchase was the push to switch to GitLab and mirror on GitHub, which seems to be a compromise that everyone is happy with. If nothing else, I think most of us are happy to be rid of Redmine ;)

I think that this discussion has pretty much run its course. Everything worth saying has already been said, and repeating things isn't very constructive at this point. So I am choosing to lock this thread.