Graduating from college this week

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
Greendogo

Graduating from college this week

Post by Greendogo »

So I've been in college almost as long as I've been a part of the Morrowind Modding community and this week I'm finally graduating! :D (10 years in college for two degrees)

I'm getting my bachelors in Computer Science and Mathematics and going out to Santa Barbara to do robotics and machine learning for a company there (been interning there for two years).

Just wanted to say, thanks for being such an awesome community. I'm glad to be a part of OpenMW and the Morrowind community. We're pretty good as far as communities go. I feel lucky to be apart of something so cool with so many smart and talented people.

Cheers!
lysol

Re: Graduating from college this week

Post by lysol »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Bix44C1EzY

Seriously though, congratulations! Ten years is a lot of time.
drummyfish

Post by drummyfish »

Congratulations! Math degree sounds awesome, I always wanted one :)
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

@Lysol: Thank you!

@Drummyfish: Thanks! Yeah, that's why it took me so long to finish. I didn't see the use in a math degree by itself so I took two years off of school until I went back to the engineering department for CS. Math was definitely my first passion.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Congrats!! And welcome to the Best Coast! I'm going to be in SB next week for a day, coincidentally.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

Thanks!

To add to this already great month, my girlfriend's dad, Larry Martin, just won the Jeopardy Teachers Tournament! Woo! Go, Larry go!
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Congratulations! :)
tomangelo

Post by tomangelo »

WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

Congratulations, Greendogo! I think it says something great about this community its members choose to post this sort of news here :)

I spent 4 years in undergrad and this year marked 4 years since my graduation. However, I'm now working on a master's in CS so I'm a student again for a little while to come.

I gave up on even getting a minor in mathematics in undergrad, although I believe I was only short one class :roll:
raevol

Post by raevol »

Wow look who it is!
WeirdSexy wrote: 30 May 2018, 03:06 I'm now working on a master's in CS so I'm a student again for a little while to come.
Me too!