Graduating from college this week

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
Greendogo

Re: Graduating from college this week

Post by Greendogo »

Consider me a contractor (unpaid), where do you need bodies the most? I'll go there. Like really think about that though, I don't want to invest a lot of free time into an aspect of the project that isn't the most pressing.

Saying that, I'm also a mathematician (by degree), so nothing is really off limits. Think about personnel, and what we have available in the community already. I'm not artistic, but I'm extremely logical and mathematical so I could do graphics. But is that what we need the "most"?
lysol

Post by lysol »

I think most would say "editor". OpenMW is almost done for 1.0 while openmw-cs is quite far from done.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

I'd go for editor or graphics. The editor is very far behind, and IMO, graphics is the thing that requires the most effort and learning to produce good results with features that people care about. Otherwise, writing something which can convert MWScript to human-readable LUA would be a good thing that's now going to have to happen.
ReneeDegutis

Post by ReneeDegutis »

Hi there,

You can ckeck Triplebyte, it seems to me they have recently opened a position for a software engineer (a freelancer). I worked for Disney Streaming Services as an intern, in Point Richmond, CA, but then we had to move to New Orleans, LA (due to my mom's health issues and rehabilitation) and I'm now again a freelancer and need to write my essay today on the risks of software engineering in robotics :)

Renne
Last edited by ReneeDegutis on 20 Nov 2019, 09:53, edited 1 time in total.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

Thanks for the suggestion Renee! However, I am already gainfully employed in CA as a machine learning/robotics researcher in the medical industry. So I am set, lol

(how much do the SW engineers make there?)