XL Engine source code release!

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
Greendogo

Re: XL Engine source code release!

Post by Greendogo »

afritz1 wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 00:22at least until other games are made with it
The other Elderscrolls games will never be made compatible with OpenMW. There are far too many differences between the engine requirements of these games. It won't be a post-1.0 consideration either. This had been decided before Zini even came on board, and he and Scrawl reiterated it since.
Br0ken

Post by Br0ken »

Greendogo wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 06:09 The other Elderscrolls games will never be made compatible with OpenMW. There are far too many differences between the engine requirements of these games. It won't be a post-1.0 consideration either. This had been decided before Zini even came on board, and he and Scrawl reiterated it since.
But there is some work on Oblivion support.
afritz1

Post by afritz1 »

Greendogo wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 06:09 The other Elderscrolls games will never be made compatible with OpenMW. There are far too many differences between the engine requirements of these games.
Right. That's what the other engine re-implementations are for. I meant brand-new games that are made with OpenMW. I thought that was part of the plan; to make OpenMW a base for new games.
lysol

Post by lysol »

afritz1 wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 17:23 I thought that was part of the plan; to make OpenMW a base for new games.
Correct.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

Ha, my mistake. I'm so used to seeing calls for Oblivion and Skyrin I read your comment as:
afritz1 wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 00:22at least until the other games are made with it
Instead of:
afritz1 wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 00:22at least until other games are made with it
Pickle

Post by Pickle »

Hi all im looking to contributing to this specifically to the opengl renderer.

Is daggerfall currently the only game displaying anything?
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

DarkXL displays the start screen and we finally got it able to click on Play, Settings and Exit... Exit works as expected (hahaha) but the rest lead to a blank screen. Likely the wiring up of AngelScript and Engine still needs to be done.

Daggerfall renders "normally" in soft8 renderer, but gives us a black and white in opengl... and we don't know know why. If you could help us fix that... you know, show us colour and render textures... that would be wonderful. Chris and I are a bit out of our depths when it comes to stuff like OSG, OpenGL, Vulkan...

Speaking of Vulkan... if ANYONE wants to help create a Vulkan renderer... go for it! :D

As for OpenGL, I believe there are tests to see that your GPU can support OpenGL 2.1, that is the only requirement I think.

I'll get around to making a status update video.
Pickle

Post by Pickle »

just looking at the current API usage this is fixed pipline with no programmable shaders. So 2.X should not be a hard requirement.

Im trying to run DarkXL, i just get the black screen. I dumped the GOB next to the binary. I see the conf can specify the paths, but that never was created.
psi29a

Post by psi29a »

You need to copy the contents of resources/ into your build directory...

so for example build/DarkXL/UI_Title.as

Take a look at the README.md file, there is a configuration file too for setting resolution and etc.
psi29a

Post by psi29a »