The Elder Scrolls Legends/Adventures

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
Jwn121

The Elder Scrolls Legends/Adventures

Post by Jwn121 »

I was just wondering if it was possible to play The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard or The Elder Scrolls legends: Battlespire using either OpenMW or Open-CS. On GOG, these games can be bundled with Morrowind GOTY for a good price, but I don't want to buy them unless they are able to be played in OpenMW, as I do not have a PC. Thanks for the insight! :D
AnyOldName3

Re: The Elder Scrolls Legends/Adventures

Post by AnyOldName3 »

So far, the only things that work in OpenMW also work in the original Morrowind engine, so unless they can be repackaged as a Morrowind mod, OpenMW won't support them. (Hint: they're on a completely different engine to Morrowind and are more likely to be packageable as an Arena or Daggerfall mod.) I'm pretty sure they work just fine under Linux and OSX via DOSBox, though. They don't natively run on modern versions of Windows and the GoG releases are actually packaged with DOSBox, so it's very likely that you're losing nothing by playing them on another platform as they're already being emulated.
Thunderforge

Re: The Elder Scrolls Legends/Adventures

Post by Thunderforge »

Battlespire started life as an expansion pack for Daggerfall, which should give you an idea of how much closer the code base is to that game than to Morrowind. It would be more likely a project like Daggerfall Unity would be able to tackle it than OpenMW (that said, that project is currently focused exclusively on Daggerfall).

As AnyOldName3 said, the GOG.com releases use DOSBox, which is cross-platform and should let you run the game.