OpenTESArena 0.6.0 Released!

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
afritz1

OpenTESArena 0.6.0 Released!

Post by afritz1 »

Hey everyone, I released version 0.6.0 of my open-source engine for Arena. Here is the release video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SREWBHaL_eA

I focused primarily on loading the original level data this time. Although it's just voxel geometry at the moment, you can explore the first level of main quest dungeons, building interiors (mage's guild, equipment store, etc.), and one exterior location (the Imperial City) from the main menu. I am very thankful for the excellent guidance on data formats I've been receiving from GitHub user Carmina16.

Let me know if the release builds work/don't work/crash on startup.
ArashiAganawa

Re: OpenTESArena 0.6.0 Released!

Post by ArashiAganawa »

I like what I'm seeing! I have always wanted to play Arena, but due to constant crashes and issues with using Dosbox, I never have gotten very far. I do hope this project will be complete some day, I would love to be able to play the game!

On that note, if it would suit you, I'd like to help out by doing release commentary for you. I have a blue yeti and a lot of youtube experience and video editing skills. I used to have a channel that had thousands of subs, and is under new management now. I have started a new one, and have been hard at work at getting back into things, and I think doing something like this would be beneficial to both me, and your project.

If there is any other way to help, let me know. I will spread the word and maybe some others will come along to assist who understand coding.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Nice work!! I've always wanted to play Arena too! Keep it up!
lysol

Post by lysol »

Impressive. :)
afritz1

Post by afritz1 »

ArashiAganawa wrote: 28 Dec 2017, 07:57 On that note, if it would suit you, I'd like to help out by doing release commentary for you. I have a blue yeti and a lot of youtube experience and video editing skills. I used to have a channel that had thousands of subs, and is under new management now. I have started a new one, and have been hard at work at getting back into things, and I think doing something like this would be beneficial to both me, and your project.
I remember seeing you do some videos on Daggerfall Unity. If you think you can make an interesting video or Let's Play with the project in its current state then go for it! Honestly the project doesn't need all that much attention at this point since there's not a lot to do in-game yet. I just like to keep people in the Elder Scrolls loop updated every once in a while when there's something cool to show off.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

I'm loving it, I still have to play Arena (along with Daggerfall and Morrowind) all the way through. :) Waiting for 1.0 hahaha
garryjoshi

Post by garryjoshi »

I am really excited to play Arena, thank you so much for releasing @afritz1 :D
prapat50

Post by prapat50 »

Nice work!! I've always wanted to play Arena too! Keep it up!
Dyskos

Post by Dyskos »

Looks like a 0.7.0 build is going to happen soon... I, for one, am excited to finally test some of the newest features. :D