Worst Race in morrowind?

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.

Wost Race?

Argonian
3%
High Elf
11%
Dark Elf
3%
Breton
3%
Imperial
14%
Redguard
No votes
Orc
6%
Nord
3%
Khajit
9%
Wood Elf
49%

Total votes: 35

kuyondo

Re: Worst Race in morrowind?

Post by kuyondo »

vanilla wood elf sux. already a midget and then useless beast tongue power(only good for early levels) and then there's fargoth.
Kloppix

Post by Kloppix »

My last character was a Bosmer. I liked it so much that I’m playing a Bosmer again. 8-)
Drizzt

Post by Drizzt »

Definitely the Bosmer.
Principato

Post by Principato »

Kloppixt wrote: 13 Nov 2017, 18:06 My last character was a Bosmer. I liked it so much that I’m playing a Bosmer again. 8-)
My vote also goes to Wood Elves. I'm just not a fan. I'm kind of surprised at the results of the poll because I thought people liked them.
Last edited by Principato on 02 Nov 2021, 18:47, edited 3 times in total.
Okulo

Post by Okulo »

Jemolk wrote: 01 Nov 2017, 16:46 I also wouldn't play an Argonian or Khajiit in vanilla Morrowind, though, because of the annoying restrictions on boots and helmets. Thank goodness for mods that allow them to be adapted for beast races.
Well, Argonians are property anyway.
Rovlad

Post by Rovlad »

Okulo wrote: 13 May 2018, 09:02Well, Argonians are property anyway.
:lol: How does this instant timeless classic only have 20k views in 2 months is beyond me though.
Atrayonis

Post by Atrayonis »

Odd that there's no High Elf vote other than mine.

They're extremely vulnerable to magic attacks of all kind and their resistance to disease is pointless after halfway through the main quest. They might get a bigger magicka pool, but all in all, it's not offsetting the mali.
wareya

Post by wareya »

I'm surprised that imperial has so many votes honestly. +10 to long blade and +5 to light armor is fine, and having a 25~50 point charm power is really good for players that aren't breaking the game.

Altmer is """good""" because of their massive magicka bonus, but you can just go breton and use enchantments, and chug restore magicka potions when needed. Definitely not enough to offset the magicka weaknesses during the early game.
silentthief

Post by silentthief »

wareya wrote: 19 Jul 2018, 04:59 I'm surprised that imperial has so many votes honestly. +10 to long blade and +5 to light armor is fine, and having a 25~50 point charm power is really good for players that aren't breaking the game.

Altmer is """good""" because of their massive magicka bonus, but you can just go breton and use enchantments, and chug restore magicka potions when needed. Definitely not enough to offset the magicka weaknesses during the early game.
My guess is that wood elves have these votes due to the voices that were used for them. Specifically, fargoths voice is one that is introduced early in the game - and everyone rails on fargoth. I have a similar opinion of the male breton voice - would have tried to play as one except for the voice is like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4hqL5pmQsc&t=33s

Not sure why the imperials have such a negative opinion, though

ST
PS - I chose high elf due to their magical weaknesses
wareya

Post by wareya »

Bosmer are actually bad though. They waste +15 on a dump weapon skill, marksman; the control creatures power is virtually useless; and disease resistance is actually useless, I have not ever even once been inconvenienced by a disease in Morrowind. The only reason to pick them is if you want 50/50 base Agility and Speed and don't care about starting with 30 Strength.