ESO: Morrowind

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
Naugrim

Re: ESO: Morrowind

Post by Naugrim »

augustt wrote:Do these people really think I'm going to let them use my Morrowind nostalgia to pull me into their microtransaction ecosystem???.
I was restraining myself of making any comment, but that's summarizes my opinion.
johndh

Post by johndh »

I guess I've been watching too many HEMA videos lately. All I could think of was how a sword is a terrible choice against a hard target like those Dwemer clanks. :lol:
heilkitty

Post by heilkitty »

Dagger is even worse choice.
Mistahtokyo

Post by Mistahtokyo »

To bring a brighter outlook into this, I see this as an interesting and fresh source of artistic inspiration for Morrowind modders and asset creators. A lot of designs could be adapted in remodels/retextures for things here and at the very least this offers some insight into what Vvardenfell with a more modern engine/assets could look like.
That said, I won't be playing it due to the mmo nature of it, not a fan. Still, there are some things that can be learned from it, I believe.
Mistahtokyo

Post by Mistahtokyo »

Here's a neat little preview showing how some areas could look like in the future. https://i.imgur.com/5aufghX.jpg
DestinedToDie

Post by DestinedToDie »

Mistahtokyo wrote:Here's a neat little preview showing how some areas could look like in the future. https://i.imgur.com/5aufghX.jpg
A giant mushroom in the bittercoast area? :( They seem to have the wrong idea about how Vvardenfel works.

ESO dev 1: Hey, I know how we could make money. Let's make Morrowind again.
ESO dev 2: Do we just replicate what we see in TES 3?
ESO dev 1: Yes, but this time we will add giant mushrooms in every region, because the mushroom is the staple of Morrowind.
ESO dev 2: People will love this.
Last edited by DestinedToDie on 08 Feb 2017, 17:09, edited 4 times in total.
MiroslavXO

Post by MiroslavXO »

Never played ESO, they don't use PBR? What engine was the game build in?
Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic »

MiroslavXO wrote:What engine was the game build in?
Heavily modified Hero Engine, like in SWTOR.