Uncharted

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
raevol

Uncharted

Post by raevol »

Anyone played these? I just basically marathoned all 4 games (the remastered trilogy for 1-3) and WOW they are amazing. I highly recommend them.

Nothing like Morrowind aside from pretty scenery and incredible writing though.
Biboran

Re: Uncharted

Post by Biboran »

Actually don't like them very much - too lineat and sometimes boring. When I was much yonnger, I enjoyed classic Lara Croft games :D
raevol

Post by raevol »

They're certainly linear, but I don't know how you could call them boring!! Hahaha.
Biboran

Post by Biboran »

Like... in 1st game there lienar jungle, cutscene. lienar jungle, cutscene etc.
Also, if I remember it correctly, it about that game was jokes about "press X to win" and "soap movie", but this jokes pretty old.
For Indiana Jones feelings I prefer Wolfenstein 2009 :D
raevol

Post by raevol »

Well, sorry you feel that way. I definitely enjoyed every minute of them!
ezze

Post by ezze »

The (action) Indiana Jones game is: Indiana Jones and the Emperor Tomb; too bad the controls are a bit clunky, but the fighting system is really nice and you really feel to be Indy.
If you want puzzle, Fate of Atlantis.
Biboran

Post by Biboran »

Double Fate of Atlantis - it REAL 4 film for me, not crystall scull one :D

Also, indiana jones and infernal machine good too, but looks a bit junkie because that custum lucasarts engine that they also use in dark forces2
ezze

Post by ezze »

Fate of Atlantis is a great game indeed, but I think the Skull movie is getting a bit too much hatred.

In my opinion the real problem of that movie is not Spalko doing magic, it is not the fridge, is not the aliens... it is that is looong-winded, the first 45 minutes are really about "characters speaking about the plot," many characters appear and disappear without pretty much leaving anything for the plot; the movie is fairly ok for a while when... the last half an hour is a loooog chase in the forest plagued by bad Cgi and ridiculous effects. What the hell, THREE waterfalls? One after the other? Seriously?
Really, whoever did the post-production should be ashamed.

Recently, I saw this fanedit (nb, the link is purely informative). Even if the fanedit cuts half an hour I felt missing only few scenes from the theatrical version. And even those, I can understand why they get removed: it was difficult to keep them without all the unnecessary/plain bad parts around them.
I saw the fanedit few days after seeing seeing Indy1 and 2 and actually felt fairly fine to me.

Edit: sorry for the outopic, perhaps a mod should move the last few posts in another thread. As I mentioned I am still in post-Indy movies excitement.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Just posting to brag that I beat Uncharted 1 on Crushing difficulty. 8-)
halbe

Post by halbe »

Uncharted might be one of the most divisive video game series in history, I personally hate them and so do many others but there's even more that think they're the greatest games ever made. I don't often meet people that say they think they're "ok," they're a love it or hate it kind of thing (except UC1 which no one really loves).

>inb4 why do you hate Uncharted?
There is little depth to the combat, there is zero depth to the climbing/walking (might as well be QTEs), the puzzles are usually trivial (not all of them though), the hitscan weapons and regenerating health encourage you to sit behind cover rather than run and gun like an action hero, I don't like cutscenes, the characters are very generic, the plots are extremely predictable and lack internal consistency, and of course they're console exclusives that don't run at 60FPS (for the console they were made on).

The music is alright though and I guess they look good, but high-fidelity realistic graphics don't impress me much. What does impress me is creative art design (even when fidelity-wise it looks potato, see: Morrowind).