[U IX:R] Titans of Ether announcement?

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Re: [U IX:R] Titans of Ether announcement?

Post by psi29a »

Yes, there are textures and kf files that are by him as well not in your list. The list you have is an edited list by spyder that I created as a csv file. ;)

I made a csv manifest, i made a subset available for spyder to look through and modify and he sent it back to me and then just posted it above.

What I'm saying is that it is incomplete at the moment, so while it is great that you made it available it will shortly be outdated when I post it in whole on github.
Frik

Post by Frik »

Sounds good! I look forward to checking out those additional .nif files by Spyder, once I've gone through the list of 725 he just posted. :mrgreen:
psi29a

Post by psi29a »

Frik wrote:Sounds good! I look forward to checking out those additional .nif files by Spyder, once I've gone through the list of 725 he just posted. :mrgreen:
You misunderstood, there are more files by Spyder: textures (dds), key files (kf) and music
They are not in that list. ;)

Anyway, enjoy! :D
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

Sorry if I caused confusion by posting the list :oops:
Frik

Post by Frik »

No confusion with me. Thank you for posting the list of your .nif files. That was exactly what I was looking for. 8-)
psi29a

Post by psi29a »

OK, I got the repo online: https://github.com/OpenMW/UIX-R

The main manifest is here:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/OpenM ... R.manifest

I've merged Spyder's data back in.

@Spyder: There are still unknowns: mp3, wav, kf, bmp, dds (and more) if you see any more of your files in there, please let us know. :)

Also, do we know who the other works might be by?

@Zini: Do you (or Corvus) happen to know who barabus was? Do you have any idea about the others who have worked on the project that have contributed to the assets?

Note: The python validation script was used to do md5 checks to see if there are files in the list that are also found in Morrowind/Tribunal/Bloodmoon BSA files. This is WIP at the moment and currently is broken while I remap file paths. I'll post instructions soon.

Plans: I plan on updating the readme to point to UIX:R page and where people can download the whole archive. I want to make 'releases' in the form of assets that have been opened up, such as those by Spyder. That should really help people. I'm going to spend some time reading into the files themselves to see if there are any 'copyright' tags or metadata in there to help locate who made them.
Frik

Post by Frik »

Thanks for this. It will come in very handy.

Don't know how feasible it might be, but It would be nice to have an option that links models with their associated textures (and possibly other files related to the model). Perhaps this is what you meant by the "releases" you mentioned?

Star Boi appears to be one of the model creators. There are some really cool ones by him there. I've noticed that he's released several resource packs for Morrowind that are included in other mods. I've seen mention of staffs and armor resource packs he's released. However, I cannot find the actual resource packs themselves, only the mods they are included in. The links to his packs I have found are dead. It would be nice to know the licenses for his models.
psi29a

Post by psi29a »

Frik wrote:Don't know how feasible it might be, but It would be nice to have an option that links models with their associated textures (and possibly other files related to the model). Perhaps this is what you meant by the "releases" you mentioned?
Yeah, I plan on writing a small tool in python using PyFFI that will go through all NIF files to look for external assets. Is something you're interested? You can do this manually with Nifscope.

I too have noticed textures that should be showing, but aren't for whatever reason.

I will eventually make a 'free' release with all the free-ish licensed assets, as more assets are 'liberated' they will be added to new releases.
Zini

Post by Zini »

@Zini: Do you (or Corvus) happen to know who barabus was? Do you have any idea about the others who have worked on the project that have contributed to the assets?
Probably this guy? That was way back (2004, I believe). I don't think he was ever a member of our team, but I could misremember that.

Before Spyder we never had any luck with 3D artists. There were a few, but they didn't stay on for long and usually the result was close to nothing. Almost all non-Spyder models should be the work from other MW modders who gave us permission to use their stuff.
Frik

Post by Frik »

psi29a wrote:
Frik wrote:Don't know how feasible it might be, but It would be nice to have an option that links models with their associated textures (and possibly other files related to the model). Perhaps this is what you meant by the "releases" you mentioned?
Yeah, I plan on writing a small tool in python using PyFFI that will go through all NIF files to look for external assets. Is something you're interested? You can do this manually with Nifscope.
Yes. Doing this programatically would great and eliminate the need to sift through the .nifs manually in NifSkope to find the associated assets. :geek:
Last edited by Frik on 23 Jan 2017, 20:52, edited 2 times in total.