Companions/Teleportation and summoning...

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
Kael

Companions/Teleportation and summoning...

Post by Kael »

These questions may have already been answered, but I need some help with it.

1. Is Ashlander Julan Companion mod working with OpenMW? If so, does anyone have links for it or some patches?

2. Does Thief Companion Constance mod work with OpenMW? Links/patches?

3. Does CM Partners mod work with OpenMW? Links/patches?

4. Does Melian's Multiple marks/recall mods work with OpenMW? Links/patches?

5. This might be a little tricky. In the past I think that a spell could be made so that you could have multiple conjured minions such as skeletons or scamps. For example, I could make a spell that could conjure 3 skeletons at once, but in OpenMW I don't think that's the case. How can I get this to work?
sjek

Re: Companions/Teleportation and summoning...

Post by sjek »

1. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3212 julan patch.

2. constance doesn't have one but probaply mostly works. did't really get to playtest it. yet at least... should...
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3236#p36042 retrospecvague memory that there could be also another one. time flies. there has been anyway fixes for multiple parts in openmw also

3.http://mw.modhistory.com/download-64-5946 there's high possibility that vanilla hacks has been used in scripting so would't bet 100%

4. melian and multiple others mark mods use mwse file functions to save the locations to external text file so it won't work. excluding custom names it can be written in openmwscripts using variables in position command simply for exteriors. getting interiors in script without impromevent to get current cell directly, via if endif getPCcell checks, writing could be automatised with tes3cmd as it would be massive. haven't tried thought

5. it was disabled on game mechanical reasons what remember as a bug some time ago. reverting the code change manually is the only way that know of........
https://bugs.openmw.org/issues/2194 are you placing multiple summons inside the same spell ?
Kael

Re: Companions/Teleportation and summoning...

Post by Kael »

sjek wrote:1. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3212 julan patch.

2. constance doesn't have one but probaply mostly works. did't really get to playtest it. yet at least... should...
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3236#p36042 retrospecvague memory that there could be also another one. time flies. there has been anyway fixes for multiple parts in openmw also

3.http://mw.modhistory.com/download-64-5946 there's high possibility that vanilla hacks has been used in scripting so would't bet 100%

4. melian and multiple others mark mods use mwse file functions to save the locations to external text file so it won't work. excluding custom names it can be written in openmwscripts using variables in position command simply for exteriors. getting interiors in script without impromevent to get current cell directly, via if endif getPCcell checks, writing could be automatised with tes3cmd as it would be massive. haven't tried thought

5. it was disabled on game mechanical reasons what remember as a bug some time ago. reverting the code change manually is the only way that know of........
https://bugs.openmw.org/issues/2194 are you placing multiple summons inside the same spell ?
Thanks for all the responses so far. I'll look into the Constance file hopefully that works. And yeah, basically I wanted to have a small skeleton army, maybe 3 of them, but by only using 1 spell. So I would go to the spellmaker at the mages guild, and click on "summon skeletal minion" as the spell a few times, but I could only get one there as there was a message preventing me from having multiple instances of the same spell. Kinda ticked off, but I guess it makes sense to remove it. The only other way I might know of how to bypass this system is maybe with constant effects, which I haven't tested, but in Vanilla Morrowind: you could spawn multiple dremoras by placing them as a constant effect enchantment on several pieces of equipment like rings or clothing.