OpenTESArena 0.1.0 Released

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
Naugrim

Re: OpenTESArena 0.1.0 Released

Post by Naugrim »

Just for fun I tried to compile the tag myself and I found this error:

Code: Select all

\OpenTESArena\src\Math\Vector2.cpp:295:16: error: duplicate explicit instantiation of 'class Vector2i<unsigned int>' [-fpermissive]
 template class Vector2i<size_t>;
                ^
OpenTESArena\CMakeFiles\TESArena.dir\build.make:2412: recipe for target 'OpenTESArena/CMakeFiles/TESArena.dir/src/Math/Vector2.obj' failed
mingw32-make[2]: *** [OpenTESArena/CMakeFiles/TESArena.dir/src/Math/Vector2.obj] Error 1
CMakeFiles\Makefile2:139: recipe for target 'OpenTESArena/CMakeFiles/TESArena.dir/all' failed
mingw32-make[1]: *** [OpenTESArena/CMakeFiles/TESArena.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:82: recipe for target 'all' failed
mingw32-make: *** [all] Error 2
Is this related to the VS runtime installed? I have many installed automatically by games.
afritz1

Post by afritz1 »

Naugrim wrote:Just for fun I tried to compile the tag myself and I found this error
That's a compile error in GCC that's been fixed since v0.3.0 (it's caused by unsigned int and size_t being the same thing in 32-bit. For the Linux binaries, we just commented out that small issue). If you can choose a version to build yourself, always clone the latest commit.
silentthief

Post by silentthief »

Just wanted to say its awesome that you are working on this.

ST
afritz1

Post by afritz1 »

silentthief wrote:Just wanted to say its awesome that you are working on this.
Thanks! It's a pretty nice hobby project so far. I've learned a lot.

I decided to quickly make a release today for v0.4.0. It should fix the problem on Windows with missing .dlls. I think all my previous Windows releases have this issue, so if you've tried before and it didn't work, maybe try again now! Here's the release page: https://github.com/afritz1/OpenTESArena ... rena-0.4.0. Instructions for installation are in the Readme: https://github.com/afritz1/OpenTESArena ... /README.md.