Elder Scrolls Soundtracks

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
Zobator

Elder Scrolls Soundtracks

Post by Zobator »

Hey guys

I'm looking to buy physical copies of the OST of Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim in new (not used!) state but can't really find them. Anyone who knows a website where I could find those cd's? (It would need to be shipped to Belgium)
Atahualpa

Re: Elder Scrolls Soundtracks

Post by Atahualpa »

Looks like you are not the first one to ask that question: Looking for Morrowind soundtrack CD or Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion soundtrack?. I think that it will be nearly impossible to find a new/unused copy of the soundtrack -- let alone an affordable -- because these were only (partially) shipped with the Collector's Editions (at least in the cases of Morrowind and Skyrim).
Zobator

Post by Zobator »

Damn :p
lysol

Post by lysol »

Here's an e-bay auction of the collector's edition of Morrowind, which include the soundtrack.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Autographed-Sea ... xy4dNS-4mm
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

Looks like a fair price. :D
lysol

Post by lysol »

;)
Zobator

Post by Zobator »

Hmm. Shame. I got the Morrowind OST from directsong, but those records seem to be of inferior quality. Those aren't even real 320kbps tracks (they only reach about 17kHz instead of 20 or 22).

Maybe there's a swashbuckler who could help me out on this one? Or are eyepatch-related talks strictly forbidden around here?
Ravenwing

Post by Ravenwing »

I believe DirectSong is the only place you can legally download Soule's music. Even there, a lot of his stuff is completely out of print, although Morrowind is obviously not one of them. I recommend seeing what you can find on the forums at ffshrine.org. You'll probably have to make an account to use the download links, but they have a lot of hard to find audiophile level stuff. It's possible that even the CD releases of Morrowind's music weren't above that quality though. Just because something is in a lossless format doesn't mean the actual audio information requires it. I'll have to check the recordings I have and see what I was able to get a hold of.
Zobator

Post by Zobator »

Just ordered the 4-disc soundtrack set for Skyrim, autographed by Jeremy Soule :D

https://www.directsong.com/mobile/produ ... uctid=2240