Off-topic from Documentation thread

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Off-topic from Documentation thread

Post by psi29a »

lysol wrote:Swedes learn english as British English in school, then relearn English as American English from movies and internet. That's it kind of. The Brits need to start making more movies if they want us to speak like them.
Guy Richie is already on the case. ;) Not to mention that Trainspotting 2 is also on the way.

I plan on doing a bit more work on documentation:
0) I'm not able to document everything, but I can leave stubs for people to fill in later.
1) Re-do layout so that the entry page is more like a welcome page to the project that then gives information about how to read and navigate the documentation, history and FAQ entries.
2) Split "documentation" into categories such as: User Manuals, Tutorials, Source/Code Documentation
3) I'll concern myself more towards getting _all_ the source/code documentation available on sphinx/rtd.
AnyOldName3

Re: Documentation

Post by AnyOldName3 »

lysol wrote:Swedes learn english as British English in school, then relearn English as American English from movies and internet. That's it kind of. The Brits need to start making more movies if they want us to speak like them.
We do make quite a lot of films - potentially more per capita than the USA, but I might be well off with that estimate, so don't quote it. However, a bunch of them end up being set in America anyway, or not really being exported or whatever.
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

You could switch to TV series instead. There are many quality British ones (in my opinion, of course) -- I recommend Doctor Who, Sherlock, and Game of Thrones. And don't forget the classic dark comedies which I would add to every curriculum: Monty Python's Flying Circus, Fawlty Towers.

Okay, I've gone a bit off topic here. *silently leaves the thread*
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

GoT isn't British. They just use a lot of British actors and accents. It's made by HBO, who are American.
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

My bad. I knew that they did a lot of filming in Northern Ireland and mixed that with the British Accents they use in order to get to my conclusion. Anyway, a could way of learning BE, especially for RPG lovers. :D
Ravenwing

Post by Ravenwing »

Lol, somehow I knew asking about British English was going to derail the conversation. But all those shows are SO GOOD! My dad manages a hotel, so I have a special love for Fawlty Towers.

@lgro, when you get a chance, can you move everything after psi29a's post below into the off topic section ending with my next post?
psi29a wrote:
Guy Richie is already on the case. ;) Not to mention that Trainspotting 2 is also on the way.

I plan on doing a bit more work on documentation:
0) I'm not able to document everything, but I can leave stubs for people to fill in later.
1) Re-do layout so that the entry page is more like a welcome page to the project that then gives information about how to read and navigate the documentation, history and FAQ entries.
2) Split "documentation" into categories such as: User Manuals, Tutorials, Source/Code Documentation
3) I'll concern myself more towards getting _all_ the source/code documentation available on sphinx/rtd.
Ravenwing

Post by Ravenwing »

psi29a wrote: I plan on doing a bit more work on documentation:
Great, all of this was helpful, and by all means stubs would expedite things I'm sure. I think your efforts are probably better spent on the source docs with DavidD, since that's a bit more important and urgent. But there is a TON to do with everything else as well, especially if we plus Atahualpa are the main ones working on it. I'm still learning all the syntax. I spent most of my lunch today trying to figure out why my inline literals weren't displaying correctly on my first commit... It was because I was using single quotes instead of back quotes :roll: Anyway, more to come!
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

You know you can run sphinx locally to generate html for you right? :) That way you can proof your work before committing.