Yo, we got our first IRC Troll

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
GeorgeTheWarp

Re: Yo, we got our first IRC Troll

Post by GeorgeTheWarp »

That latest Yser saga was quite entertaining. Mmmmh, I wonder if he's aware we made a forum post about him?

On the topic of Trump, would you please shut up about it? Let me support him in peace. By the way, climate change is not something I believe in, or rather I don't believe the earth is going to become Mars in an hundred years. Searching for rather more precise keywords in google than climate change can yield interesting results, to say the least. The IPCC is starting to believe their predictions were wrong, or so they say in private, at least, because go knows people shouldn't know that, or else how would China make all their money, right? Here, have a read: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/e ... wrong.html

And scientist have a wide diaspora of opinions concerning climate change, contrarily to the 99% of scientists believe in climate change trick. These stats were compiled by a college student who mailed a lot of scientists, received their emails and then selected the emails she wanted to use. I think she mailed around 5000 scientists, and used merely 500 mails, but I might be mistaken, and you should probably do the search for yourself, I'm not a journalist.

As for the immigrations tactics Trump is going for, I think my opinions would be too controversial to be spoken around in this forum, for hackers like to hate on righteous bastards.

Anyways, back to Yser. This guy is either a complete idiot, an illiterate or just a Troll, but I'm really going for the latter. Going to ask questions on IRC then calling people trolls and insulting them, and saying you're enlightening them like a fucking Jehovah's witness is not how asking questions in FOSS projects work. You don't go around IRC insulting people, and expecting people to respect you afterward. Much the inverse, you ask questions after having made basic research (reading the fucking FAQ...) and if people try to answer to you with all their Tai Lopez' 'nowledge, you'd better damn respect them.

Also, people not used to open source should be at least understanding that open source is a community built around common effort and sharing, not by bluntly going around them and acting like they owe you anything. We don't owe you anything, and you don't owe us anything, wheter you help the project or not. Open source is all about getting a decent reputation around the projects your involved in, so that you could possibly get a job someday or get the 'Nowledge necessary to buy a Lamborghini, and have it in your garage.

But if buying a Lamborghini is not your project, then open source still is a good way to get the knowledge necessary to get to know how to do teamwork in a work environment, especially around projects on the internet, and it can also be a big incentive to get you hired. Companies just love to hire people who are passionate about their work, and especially those who would possibly do some work for free, or do more hours, which open source can lead to do.

Anyways, here are my thoughts on a Troll and Trump.
ezze

Re: Yo, we got our first IRC Troll

Post by ezze »

GeorgeTheWarp wrote:On the topic of Trump, would you please shut up about it? Let me support him in peace. [...]
It's just me that find this funnily contradictory? Oh, well. Considering the nonsense that follows I guess it's fine.