Yo, we got our first IRC Troll

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
rstevenson1976

Re: Yo, we got our first IRC Troll

Post by rstevenson1976 »

Spoiler: Show
the lastest in the saga of Yser
ezze

Post by ezze »

MikeMXellers wrote:I'd say he's a better vote than someone who's entire career has been nothing but using the power given to her by US citizens for personal gain, ideally it would have been Trump vs Sanders either one was a victory, both of them were against the way that corporate interests have their hands firmly up almost all politicians backsides.
From this point of view, I can relate. Lets pick one! Between all Republicans: "Trump," between all Democrats: "Clinton." It's so weird.

On the other hand, I actually found some Trump points quite interesting, for example putting back the regulations that Clinton (the other one) removed causing the 2008 crisis and rethinking the now (probably ever) nonsensical NATO. Of course points like the "remove the no-gun zones" are insane, but Americans like to kill each other so much that those are important political points just to gain approval so I agree; unless he wants to lift airports security as well, that is.
I heard complains about Trump position on climate change, but I find it ridiculous. Sure it would be the only one denying it, but everyone else ignore the problem anyway and continue pushing with the last century idea of economics: "more grown, more debt!". So, what the difference? Being ignorant/stupid/evil or being hypocrite/stupid/evil? It does not really matter if what you do at the end is the same.

About the topic, it's not possible just to ban the guy?
Besides, the OP stated "You thought OpenMW was immune to human stupidity and insensitivity toward open source project?" As he said, of course not. But open/closeness has nothing to do about it. Just walk around some Microsoft support forum and you can see all kind of stupidity against closed source code too.
DestinedToDie

Post by DestinedToDie »

Why ban him? He´s provided an entire thread worth of entertainment and some people seem to be enjoying the conversations.

Edit: On the topic of Trump. I think he´s politically incorrect, denies climate change and generally I don´t agree with him. As such, he should be banned from the elections.
Last edited by DestinedToDie on 28 Jul 2016, 08:34, edited 2 times in total.
ezze

Post by ezze »

Fair enough, enjoy!
Okulo

Post by Okulo »

This guy doesn't sound like a troll; he just sounds like an idiot.
MithrilLeaf

Post by MithrilLeaf »

Okulo wrote:This guy doesn't sound like a troll; he just sounds like an idiot.
It's usually a fine line to divide them, if such a line even exists.
ezze

Post by ezze »

DestinedToDie wrote:Edit: On the topic of Trump. I think he´s politically incorrect, denies climate change and generally I don´t agree with him. As such, he should be banned from the elections.
Unfortunately, that's not how it works. Society states: 51% are clever, 49% are dumb. Reality and facts have nothing to do with it. You might like this (unpublished) article about why Politics simply make no sense to actually improve the world as a whole. Surely, it works fine for a selected few, for a little time.
SquireNed

Post by SquireNed »

Not to stir the flames, but perhaps the correct response to a troll on IRC is not to start a thread on the forum in which we devolve into internet political debates (with all the quality that includes) and basically give a ton of attention to a troll or a novice user who's just rubbing people the wrong way (I lean toward troll, but I'm misanthropic, so take what you will from that).
Spoiler: Show
greetasdf

Post by greetasdf »

lgromanowski wrote:Moved it to "Off topic" subforum as this topic is going around politics (it's more suitable there imho).
Guys, settle down, openMW is really not a place to superficially discuss politics. I just made the original statement about Trump because he discussed hard. It's no statement on Trumps intelligence (or stupidity as someone stated). It's purely an observation of discussion tactics - probably even a wrong one. In short: it was just a frakkin' joke!

I'm sick and tired of everyone getting so irrational and overemotional when it comes to (especially atm trendy American) politics. Let's put our minds to more useful things... right?
silentthief

Post by silentthief »

greetasdf wrote:
I'm sick and tired of everyone getting so irrational and overemotional when it comes to (especially atm trendy American) politics. Let's put our minds to more useful things... right?
Posting the lesser evil is destroying this thread...

Just kidding :lol:

ST