MultiMark MOD

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
dragonjim

MultiMark MOD

Post by dragonjim »

Does anyone know of a good replacement for the MultiMark MOD. I have added it, removed it, added it again and still no joy.
ezze

Re: MultiMark MOD

Post by ezze »

Maybe simply more connections?

http://mw.modhistory.com/download-95-6713
Nivim

Post by Nivim »

This seems like a rather important mod that's completely broken. I'll open it up and see if it can even be salvaged or if it needs to be rewritten.

Edit 1: Wow this thing looks like a hacky mess. I think that even if further research shows that it only needs a few tweaks, it should probably be re-written anyway for OpenMW.
Loriel

Post by Loriel »

I looked at it briefly a while ago.

In addition to the code complexity, there's a potential problem getting the author's permission to fix it, as I believe he's no longer part of the Morrowind modding scene. Some fixes were made available by John Moonsugar in the form of separate addons to avoid this problem - as I recall they addressed a timing issue, so probably don't help here.

The construction set shows warnings/errors as follows, which might be problems in OpenMW code:
Script Teleport_setPosition
Warning Line 35 stray explicit reference
Line 35 is Player->EnableTeleporting

Script Teleport_Menu2
Warning Line 27 stray explicit reference
Line 17 is Player->DisableTeleporting
Error Line 33 Unexpected Special Token
Line 32 is Player->RemoveEffects, sEffectDivineIntervention
Line 33 is Player->RemoveEffects, sEffectAlmsiviIntervention

According to http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:RemoveEffects the numeric values are needed in this case, namely 62 and 63, rather then the names of the values.

I haven't tested further, but this suggests that EnableTeleporting and DisableTeleporting may be unimplemented in OpenMW, and that possibly RemoveEffects should accept the names as well as numeric values, as I believe GetEffects does. Alternatively the original script might be broken in these aspects, with these broken parts being silently ignored by the vanilla Morrowind engine.

Loriel
Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic »

According to Scripting status on wiki, both Enable- and DisableTeleporting were implemented.
Nivim

Post by Nivim »

Yeah, the problem with the 'Teleporting' lines is just that in OpenMW they don't take a target; they're just general bools, so remove the "Player->" part.

The errors the CS catches aren't the only ones though, since even handling them all still results in nothing happening on cast.

Edit: I noticed the previous thread, so now I wonder; do we have a way of easily getting the player's current cell yet?
ezze

Post by ezze »

Does not look too difficult to remake, what features are missing in OpenMW/CS to make a mod like this?
dragonjim

Post by dragonjim »

This was looking promising for a moment there...I wish I knew more about modding and could contribute something.

Without a replacement mod (thanks for the suggestions), I've resorted to using the coc console command, which is a bit basic. Does anyone know of any more specific console commands which would provide a better 'quick fix'?
rot0r

Post by rot0r »

I've just posted a compatible version of this mod (with the author's blessing).

A few people have been asking about it -- the only critical syntax issues in the original mod are the RemoveEffects arguments already mentioned in this thread, and to get around the current oMW implementation of DisableTeleporting I've replaced the magic effects with sEffectSummonCreature04/05 which aren't used in the game. That implies a few compatibility issues but it should do as a replacement.