Lysol's normal mapped texture packs

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
lysol

Re: Lysol's normal mapped texture packs

Post by lysol »

openmwfan27 wrote:Have you thought about adding height info to the normal maps so we can get the parallax mapping effect? Would be good for stone floors and other textures which have more geometry to them then say a smooth wall.
There actually are parallax maps for floors already. The effect isn't as visible as I'd like though. The vivec pack has parallax maps for tx_v_base_10, the "V" logo thingy above the hall of wisdom/justice and the floors.
lysol

Post by lysol »

Finally released the banner pack. It got really boring making the banners for the towns after a while, haha.

You'll find a download link in the first post.
lysol

Post by lysol »

Another thing (sorry for double post) is that I added doors to the Hlaalu pack. So it should be complete now as far as I know. If you already have 1.0 you only need a small patch.
Zobator

Post by Zobator »

Hug you... If I could, I would... Damn, that's some really fine work man!
rstevenson1976

Post by rstevenson1976 »

very good work, just love walking around balmora now. looking forward to new and upcoming texture packs
darkbasic

Post by darkbasic »

In the banners pack, why is the Textures folder with the lowercase first letter? I think it isn't going to work in Linux because it is case sensitive...
lysol

Post by lysol »

Did you try? I think I remember reading that OpenMW handles that since there are so many mods where creators mix upper and lower case all over. I did this on my windows computer on the other hand, so I haven't even tried if it works or not. Does the default morrowind textures folder have an upper case T?

Also, I did have a lower case t on the textures folder on the other two packs too, and so far no one complained. I think there are a few linux users here that use these packs, so some one must have noticed.

Please tell me if it won't work for you.
Chris

Post by Chris »

A lower case T will work fine. For Linux, just make sure it's installed into its own data directory and not mixed in with the main game data (trying to mix it in with the main data directory may cause it to have both Textures and textures in one place, which can cause problems, but as long as they're in separate data directories it's fine).
lysol

Post by lysol »

Chris wrote:A lower case T will work fine. For Linux, just make sure it's installed into its own data directory and not mixed in with the main game data (trying to mix it in with the main data directory may cause it to have both Textures and textures in one place, which can cause problems, but as long as they're in separate data directories it's fine).
Thanks.
rstevenson1976

Post by rstevenson1976 »

lysol wrote:Did you try? I think I remember reading that OpenMW handles that since there are so many mods where creators mix upper and lower case all over. I did this on my windows computer on the other hand, so I haven't even tried if it works or not. Does the default morrowind textures folder have an upper case T?

Also, I did have a lower case t on the textures folder on the other two packs too, and so far no one complained. I think there are a few linux users here that use these packs, so some one must have noticed.

Please tell me if it won't work for you.
I can confirm, Linux is case specific, T in texture must be capitalized to work