Lysol's normal mapped texture packs

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Re: Lysol's normal mapped texture packs

Post by psi29a »

I hope you're all using blender 2.77/2.78 with the new blender_nif_plugin... ;)
Pherim

Post by Pherim »

psi29a wrote:I hope you're all using blender 2.77/2.78 with the new blender_nif_plugin... ;)
New Nif Plugin? Did I miss something?
psi29a

Post by psi29a »

You should probably read this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=4083
Pherim

Post by Pherim »

psi29a wrote:You should probably read this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=4083
Ah, that one, yes... I know about that. They have been working on it for ages and it is still not in a state that could be called finished. I guess it somewhat works, but many features of the old 2.49b plugin are still not implemented. And progress has been incredibly slow over the last few years.
psi29a

Post by psi29a »

So am I, I've been working with the Niftools crew since last week.

So what are your pain points that would make using 2.77 practical for you? Feel free to make a list.

One of the things I'm working on is that faces with n-gons aren't being converted to quads/tris, thus preventing an export to NIF.
Pherim

Post by Pherim »

psi29a wrote:So am I, I've been working with the Niftools crew since last week.

So what are your pain points that would make using 2.77 practical for you? Feel free to make a list.

One of the things I'm working on is that faces with n-gons aren't being converted to quads/tris, thus preventing an export to NIF.
That's good news! Well, I haven't really worked much with the new version lately, so I don't have any concrete points I would like to see implemented, but knowing that work is being done on it I should do that again, soon.
DestinedToDie

Post by DestinedToDie »

Overhype, considering that we'll be waiting for animations for 10 years. Don't get me wrong, this tool would be immensely useful, but the pace is just not there.

Greatness7 over on Discord has been developing his own nif exporter (Morrowind exclusive) and is now working on rigging/armature. Considering he's gotten further in a couple months than niftools in 4 years... well, let's see what happens.
psi29a wrote:One of the things I'm working on is that faces with n-gons aren't being converted to quads/tris, thus preventing an export to NIF.
bmesh.ops.triangulate(bm, faces=bm.faces) ? Dunno if that helps, but it's what G7 said.
psi29a

Post by psi29a »

Thanks for that bit, I'm just not getting myself familiar with the plugin code, pyffi and nif.xml

I find it curious that instead of wanting to improve niftools that they decided to go at it alone.

I hoe he decides to open-source his work. :)
Frik

Post by Frik »

lysol wrote: 01 May 2016, 06:10 Imperial (currently at version 1.0)
I really like the Imperial Normal Maps. All of your maps look great, but this one is especially good! Along with Guar Skin Banners, these are a permanent addition to my collection of openmw graphics overhaul mods. Thanks for releasing these.

lysol wrote: 01 May 2016, 06:10 "Might do" list:
  • Telvanni
  • Dwemer <==
  • Imperial forts
(We'll see how many of these I will have the time to do)
Dwemer Normal Maps would be great! I'm currently using Full Dwemer Retexture by Tyddy, but I'll bet you could make it pop. 8-)
lysol

Post by lysol »

Thank you very much Frik!

Long time since I worked on textures now. Haven't really had the time for it nowdays. If I ever get around to do another pack, then dwemer might be it. I have a more or less finished Redoran exterior on my drive, but I got stuck on the interior parts. Might release those too some day, but I'd prefer releasing it with the interior textures.