Lysol's normal mapped texture packs

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
raevol

Re: Lysol's normal mapped texture packs

Post by raevol »

THE MASTER RETURNS.

Those Redoran textures tho, come on man!! :) :)
lysol

Post by lysol »

Haha I know the worst thing you could do if you want to be productive is do several things at the same time, but I haven't done any textures for such a long time I thought I needed a "boost". Doing these seemed easy enough atm.
Faelian

Post by Faelian »

They look great Lysol, I'm still amazed how you manage to keep vanilla style and feel so closely while improving the quality so much. :)
Arakhor

Post by Arakhor »

I'd certainly like to see 1K normal maps for Redoran and Telvanni (to complete the set). :)
lysol

Post by lysol »

Arakhor wrote: 06 Sep 2017, 12:05 I'd certainly like to see 1K normal maps for Redoran and Telvanni (to complete the set). :)
The redoran pack will be available in 2k actually, if I ever finish it. Yes, Telvanni would have been fun to do too.
Faelian wrote: 06 Sep 2017, 11:19 They look great Lysol, I'm still amazed how you manage to keep vanilla style and feel so closely while improving the quality so much. :)
Thank you very much!
Arakhor

Post by Arakhor »

Well, I already have Darknut's 2K replacers, but having normal mapped textures optimised for OpenMW has been one way to change my mind. :)
lysol

Post by lysol »

So, after not working on these for quite some time, I added more textures. Most of them are small and almost not noticeable unless you have everything high res except these. Bethesda's way of having one thousand tiny textures for every model is really really annoying. I've understood that you never do it like this these days. It just takes too much time to load several textures for one model instead of one larger texture.

Anyway, just something to show off some parallax effects:

https://imgur.com/a/CplFr

And as usual, you don't really see the effect in its full glory in a still image, you need to walk around it and so on. But just to explain, I haven't painted the edges on the bricks going up in the stair's direction, it is only the normal map + height map that defines those.
Bulbulator

Post by Bulbulator »

Maybe you can remodel some of this and make new UV? Your work is awesome, be nice to see hd model pack from you :D
lysol

Post by lysol »

Yeah, I'd love to, but my time is already kind of limited as it is. I'm also too clumsy with blender as of yet.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Looks awesome!