Lysol's normal mapped texture packs

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
Capostrophic

Re: Lysol's normal mapped texture packs

Post by Capostrophic »

Tels wrote:So, is this in 0.39 and how would I enable it to test it? Or does it not work yet and is a thing of 0.40?
Parallax mapping is in 0.39.0, but it doesn't work on vertical surfaces, which is fixed in current master branch on repository.

You just need to enable autodetecting of normal maps (since parallax is contained in their alpha-channel according to shader file), check [Shaders] section in settings-default.cfg (/usr/local/etc/openmw/settings-default.cfg) and apply this parameter as "true" in your user settings file (/home/.config/openmw/settings.cfg). I don't remember what is it called, but settings names are human-readable anyway, so you will understand when you find it.

This is also stated in descriptions of lysol's texture packs on Nexus.
lysol

Post by lysol »

Thanks capostrophic.

About making one single pack instead: I will do it, but not until I feel like not making any more packs. I still need to do the imperial pack.
Tels

Post by Tels »

Thanx, Capostrophic. Already applied this to settings, so, theoretically, I should see parallax mapping when using lysol's textures?

Lysol: Fair enough, getting more textures done would be prefered to a single mod, of course :D
Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic »

Tels wrote:I should see parallax mapping when using lysol's textures
Tels

Post by Tels »

Capostrophic wrote:
Tels wrote:I should see parallax mapping when using lysol's textures
Er, so is that a yes or a no? :) And if yes, where would I look for them?

Could somebody maybe post a before/after picture?
lysol

Post by lysol »

Exterior floors in vivec are parallax mapped. I'm not at home right now, so I can't make any screens, but I might take some when I get home, in about a week. Right now I'm enjoying Norway and the fjords. ;) Kjempefint!
Tels

Post by Tels »

Yes, I see it now - nice!

Enjoy the Fjords, heard they are wonderful :)
lysol

Post by lysol »

They were!

Anyway, been working a bit on the imperial pack today. I hate these textures. WHY did bethesda have to make tx_stone_mid_01, tx_stone_left_01 and tx_stone_right_01?! It's an absolute PAIN to make everything seamless. And on top of that, I have to make seamless normal and parallax maps also. But, I'm kinda done with the stone walls now at least. More or less the whole day on those three textures. Haha.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Excited to see it!
Tels

Post by Tels »

lysol wrote:They were!

Anyway, been working a bit on the imperial pack today. I hate these textures. WHY did bethesda have to make tx_stone_mid_01, tx_stone_left_01 and tx_stone_right_01?! It's an absolute PAIN to make everything seamless. And on top of that, I have to make seamless normal and parallax maps also. But, I'm kinda done with the stone walls now at least. More or less the whole day on those three textures. Haha.
I guess three seperate textures provide more flexibility - you could f.i. use stone on the left/right parts and plaster in the middle. Or maybe it was some of the things they seemingly did not finish for the release :)