Lysol's normal mapped texture packs

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
User avatar
AnyOldName3
Posts: 1477
Joined: 26 Nov 2015, 03:25

Re: Lysol's normal mapped texture packs

Post by AnyOldName3 » 17 Feb 2019, 16:03

I'm not sure I'd even sink the mortar that much - looking at the no-parallax pictures, it looks like the stones are rough on the faces but have straight, sharp edges. If the mortar was nearly flush (i.e. as if someone had put the stones together than scraped off the excess with a finger or trowel so it didn't stick out but came right to the edge) but the stones still had parallax dents and lumps.

In this picture, the mortar isn't recessed but the stones are definitely rough and not marshmallow-shaped.

Image
AnyOldName3, Master of Shadows

User avatar
lysol
Posts: 1290
Joined: 26 Mar 2013, 01:48
Location: Sweden

Re: Lysol's normal mapped texture packs

Post by lysol » 18 Feb 2019, 04:51

I think we might be getting somewhere.

https://imgur.com/l9sv2YW

EDIT:

Yes indeed, this might be something:

https://imgur.com/a/GOjmp3w

I think at least I'm happy with it how it looks now. But do share your opinions if you have any.

Oh and,
AnyOldName3 wrote:
17 Feb 2019, 16:03
I'm not sure I'd even sink the mortar that much - looking at the no-parallax pictures, it looks like the stones are rough on the faces but have straight, sharp edges. If the mortar was nearly flush (i.e. as if someone had put the stones together than scraped off the excess with a finger or trowel so it didn't stick out but came right to the edge) but the stones still had parallax dents and lumps.
Yes, I actually agree that this texture shouldn't really sink the mortar, barely at all. But I like when the parallax map defines the edges of each stone a bit. I think I'll upload both the normal mapped version and the parallax mapped version, so people can pick the version they prefer.
Normal mapped texture replacers, exclusive for OpenMW:
My Nexus page

silentthief
Posts: 370
Joined: 18 Apr 2013, 01:20
Location: Currently traversing the Ascadian Isles

Re: Lysol's normal mapped texture packs

Post by silentthief » 19 Feb 2019, 15:05

Saw the pics and these are frikken AWESOME. I do hope to see more of these.

ST
"Hurry, hurry! Last boat to Solstheim! Until the next one. Hah-ha-hah."

User avatar
ArashiAganawa
Posts: 48
Joined: 02 Feb 2017, 02:11

Re: Lysol's normal mapped texture packs

Post by ArashiAganawa » 19 Feb 2019, 20:32

lysol wrote:
18 Feb 2019, 04:51
I think we might be getting somewhere.

https://imgur.com/l9sv2YW

EDIT:

Yes indeed, this might be something:

https://imgur.com/a/GOjmp3w

I think at least I'm happy with it how it looks now. But do share your opinions if you have any.

Oh and,
AnyOldName3 wrote:
17 Feb 2019, 16:03
I'm not sure I'd even sink the mortar that much - looking at the no-parallax pictures, it looks like the stones are rough on the faces but have straight, sharp edges. If the mortar was nearly flush (i.e. as if someone had put the stones together than scraped off the excess with a finger or trowel so it didn't stick out but came right to the edge) but the stones still had parallax dents and lumps.
Yes, I actually agree that this texture shouldn't really sink the mortar, barely at all. But I like when the parallax map defines the edges of each stone a bit. I think I'll upload both the normal mapped version and the parallax mapped version, so people can pick the version they prefer.
Those look awesome! I'm assuming you're either using a build of OpenMW with shadows, or not using OpenMW at all. Either way, looks great!
Wisdom ,without love, is foolishness. Knowledge, without heart, is ignorance.

User avatar
raevol
Posts: 2999
Joined: 07 Aug 2011, 01:12
Location: Caldera

Re: Lysol's normal mapped texture packs

Post by raevol » 21 Feb 2019, 07:32

Yes, these look great!

User avatar
lysol
Posts: 1290
Joined: 26 Mar 2013, 01:48
Location: Sweden

Re: Lysol's normal mapped texture packs

Post by lysol » 24 Feb 2019, 23:01

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/46413

So I released the mod.

I wanted to use the atlas meshes, but I ran into some troubles with it. Here are some screenshots documenting the issues. If the problems can get solved, I will of course upload a new version, because project atlas is a great idea.
Normal mapped texture replacers, exclusive for OpenMW:
My Nexus page

1Mac
Posts: 47
Joined: 20 Feb 2019, 19:50

Re: Lysol's normal mapped texture packs

Post by 1Mac » 25 Feb 2019, 02:17

You've probably already seen these, but there are a couple of posts on Nexus that might be related to your problem.

User avatar
lysol
Posts: 1290
Joined: 26 Mar 2013, 01:48
Location: Sweden

Re: Lysol's normal mapped texture packs

Post by lysol » 25 Feb 2019, 05:56

1Mac wrote:
25 Feb 2019, 02:17
You've probably already seen these, but there are a couple of posts on Nexus that might be related to your problem.
Nope, I had not. Thanks! I'll research some more later when I have the time.
Normal mapped texture replacers, exclusive for OpenMW:
My Nexus page

Post Reply