Lysol's normal mapped texture packs

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
Ravenwing

Re: Lysol's normal mapped texture packs

Post by Ravenwing »

I like this much better than the totally photorealistic version that the Vanilla Plus guy had. Photorealistic stuff sticks out like a sore thumb in this game because of both the hand painted style and the shitty resolution. In fact, I would say you could try and stylize yours a bit more if you wanted to. The seam is definitely too obvious as is, but I think as long as you keep it from doing the whole mirrored thing, it won't stick out too much. This seems like a particularly difficult one to make seamless given how rock walls are both random and highly geometric.
lysol

Post by lysol »

The seam you probably see (on the left side right?) is Bethesda's fault though. They mirrored the UV map to make the wall look more "randomized" I guess. It didn't work. That part has to be fixed in the .nif file instead of the texture. Hopefully, Project Atlas makes an Imperial pack too, and if so, they will probably fix this issue.

Thanks for the feedback anyway! I'll see what I can do next with it.
Ravenwing

Post by Ravenwing »

Typical Bethesda. Good job then! Excited for more of your packs :D
Mistahtokyo

Post by Mistahtokyo »

As much as I love the texture it's screenshots like these that highlight how badly meshes in Morrowind stand out from the terrain mesh. There is a very harsh cutoff where they clip together with no blending of the mesh or textures.
lysol

Post by lysol »

Sooooo. I released an update for the imperial pack. Who would have thought, after like 2 and a half years...

Link in the first post.
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

lysol wrote: 08 Feb 2019, 14:20 Sooooo. I released an update for the imperial pack. Who would have thought, after like 2 and a half years...
+1 for the update
+1 for future Project Atlas compatibility
raevol

Post by raevol »

Any chance to get a link to it hosted somewhere else? Nexus mods locked me out of my account due to inactivity.
lysol

Post by lysol »

raevol

Post by raevol »

Thank youuu :oops:
lysol

Post by lysol »

So, a question to you all.

Parallax maps or no parallax maps for the imperial forts?

https://imgur.com/a/O6AkPSf

I feel the realistic thing would really be "no parallax", since the texture does look like the stones are very square shaped and thus wouldn't really leave that much round edges left to do any real visible "parallaxy" stuff on. But parallax maps look cool, so maybe I could pretend the stones are more roughly shaped, with round corners, just to get a reason to have parallax maps.

Whad do you guys think?

EDIT:

Another example

https://imgur.com/VWc7dEL