OpenMW (android) and OpenSource ?

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
enelex

OpenMW (android) and OpenSource ?

Post by enelex »

So dear developer openWM for android source any web user can found. Sandstrider write instruction for any can compile this. But why not relises, why delate all prebuild. Hovewer any user can compile and do what at now you dont need - do apk public. I love morrowind, and want explore pocket. Dont know why bethesda dont like idea of play he games at mobile. If on my table by morr, maby I newer sleep anymore.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Re: OpenMW (android) and OpenSource ?

Post by psi29a »

At least get the developer's name right before you start complaining.

Everything needed to build it yourself is in the wiki, the forums and available on github.

Please don't troll.
lysol

Post by lysol »

The android port does not work very well as far as I know. Sandstranger worked for years trying to get smooth framerates, but as far as I know he never really got there. So if you want to compile the android port because you "love morrowind, and want explore pocket", then I think you will be disappointed when you finally manage to compile it. Unless you are a developer wanting to make the android port work better, I don't think there's any reason to bother.
enelex

Post by enelex »

I really don't like troll. Sorry.

Sometime ago I test unreal engine with oblivion assets. I create simple scene contain 48 000 triangle, create material (shaders) with diffuse, specular and normal map input. Bake light map and compile for android. Frame rate around 10-7 fps.
I try to disable shaders - specular and normal map. Now use only diffuse. Scene rendering with 20-30 fps.
But however android performance very bad.
My device table 1280x800, 4 core, 1.3Gzh, Mali mp-400.
120 000 triangles on my device = 21fps

About openmw android port. Android open es by default use vertex lighting. Maby open scene garpth use pixel light on android too?

Can I help with development?
Attachments
sketch1462433755005.png
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Development is still ongoing as you can see here:
https://github.com/OpenMW/openmw/pull/936

If you want to help, please do. :)

Development thread on alternative platforms is happening here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3284&hilit=android#p36524

The biggest issue, as you've noticed, is getting the build (NDK and etc.) environment setup. Even I haven't managed it 100% yet.
enelex

Post by enelex »

I read posts. And really don't understand what slow down fps. All assets very simple.
I try compile too. But need download crystax ndk. Hope perfomence don't dissapoint. Not on 1 fps. If any around 10 I help with develop. :-)

I really don't know, but maby openmw-android uses physic simulation for all object, or any object have unique materials/textures. I have problem before. Me need write scene loader. Its must read .XML - object name, position, link to object property. Its too XML contain link to material and object .obj. Material file XML contain base color, spucalar color and texture file name to load. Firs time when I write this my scene load 100 cube with 2 material with one texture. But I got 100 unique object, materials and textures loader in memory. Fps from maximum 88 (don't know why. Now on my new table fps 47 maximum) with only cube on old phone be around 60. With material loader dropped to 15. After I do hard work (its be first for me) and write some like filter. After this texture or material if already exist its assign to requested object already loaded material. Fps after by around 40-50

Or, many problem in pixel lighting. If current not vertex. Maby its can be switch.