Any think and unreal

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
enelex

Any think and unreal

Post by enelex »

Hi!
OpenMW project its greate. My like it and thank. But why you don't use as engine unreal 4?
Its open source n' you can write ever like BSA parser n' connect to engine. Using if want just as render engine. Cross platform - yes, AAA - yes, wery AAA.
This is not critic just interesting.

p.s.
Still can't compile for android : day 6. F...
enelex

Re: Any think and unreal

Post by enelex »

Oh, sorry guys. I read bethesda mail. Bad. I dream to play morrowind on android - best RPG on my PC, maby best game of all on (my PC). And now thank betesda many fans can't play or test openmw on android, cool :evil: .

Independently engine of course better that unreal.
But I might try adapt your open code to anreal set.

Ever good and thank.

-Enelex
Cramal

Post by Cramal »

If you download the sources and manage to compile them correctly on android, you could theorically use OpenMW on Andriod.

Nothing forbid it.

Android platform cannot be used for communication purpose using Bethesda assets, but it's not forbidden to make OpenMW run on android. It's just difficult (because you have to get all dependencies working on anrdoid) and not a priority for the current developpement team
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

enelex wrote:Hi!
OpenMW project its greate. My like it and thank. But why you don't use as engine unreal 4?
Its open source n' you can write ever like BSA parser n' connect to engine. Using if want just as render engine. Cross platform - yes, AAA - yes, wery AAA.
EU4 isn't open-source. We can't (legally) use it.
Access to source does not make it open source.
https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthr ... pen-Source
lysol

Post by lysol »

I don't know why some people are so obsessed with OpenMW using UE4. A game doesn't magically transform itself into Gears of War 4 graphics wise just by shifting the engine to UE4.

And also, what psi said.
enelex

Post by enelex »

Yea, old game newer dont be look like modern AAA. But unreal provide nice graphics. And not only graphics. Optimization, cross platform. Interior can be baked lightmaps, world can use realtime nice shadow n effects. You dont need code same staff. Effects look nice. And all be work fine. Not like mge for morr - 15 fps with all effects. All what you do onopenmw can be used with UEngine. You can connect BSA n' other.

But today I download morrowind and think that morrowind must be morrowind with old engine. AAA Morrowind it not this fairy game.

Pliss, help compile openmw for android. My compiller dont want to do this. Pliss
DestinedToDie

Post by DestinedToDie »

8 years of work... building the OpenMW engine. If only the devs had known that Unreal 4 is better. Oh well, no use obsessing about time lost. Lets do the engine switch! 8-)
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

To be fair, there were earlier threads like this, though with Unity instead of Unreal.
The best thing is that we seem to have people playing with PBR and everything on the OpenMW engine as is, so we could theoretically throw in UE4 level graphics without much work.

I think the main thing UE4 has over us at the moment is optimization, something we're not all that heavy on as of yet.
enelex

Post by enelex »

Okey, okey. Cards on the table. I choose for themselves the game engine. And I decide between sdk and ready as the unreal.
  And I did not know what the project is already 8 years old. Sorry
enelex

Post by enelex »

I download Cmake, open scene grapth source, ndk r10e. Run cmake, select to osg source root, select out, click config, select migw makefile, tool for cross compile, path to tool from link sandstrider ob github, okey = error.

Try to compile directly by ndk. Copy android.mk from platfor specific to root, rename to android.mk, start cmd, type ndk-build NDK_PROJECT_PATH=(path to root) APP_BUILD_SCRIPT=(path to script), enter and error. Like your script unknow file or other errors

Help