New Kickstarter: Umbra

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
DarkAnsem

New Kickstarter: Umbra

Post by DarkAnsem »

Here is the very new promising kickstarter, an action RPG which shows a lot of promise, with CryEngine

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1062682568/umbra

video preview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THvjTqx7wCw

New update is out, showcasing the possibility of creating your own house!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/10 ... 9?ref=dash
lysol

Re: New Kickstarter: Umbra

Post by lysol »

Looks nice and fun and all, but it's still kickstarter. Which might just mean that all the promises make they to the individual crowdfunders are worth nothing when some big publisher comes with the big $$.
DarkAnsem

Post by DarkAnsem »

lysol wrote:Looks nice and fun and all, but it's still kickstarter. Which might just mean that all the promises make they to the individual crowdfunders are worth nothing when some big publisher comes with the big $$.
might still be better than Skyrim and its broken promises!
lysol

Post by lysol »

But you didn't have to pay for skyrim before the game was released and reviewed. The game would have been released even if no one pre ordered.

And yeah, sure it might. And it might also not be. Who knows? I wouldn't compare them anyway since skyrim's not a hack and slash game.

EDIT: Just want to say that it does look very nice. I've just had a few let-downs on crowdfunding projects.
DarkAnsem

Post by DarkAnsem »

lysol wrote:But you didn't have to pay for skyrim before the game was released and reviewed. The game would have been released even if no one pre ordered.

And yeah, sure it might. And it might also not be. Who knows? I wouldn't compare them anyway since skyrim's not a hack and slash game.
it certainly feels like one, after a bit. the roleplaying component really dumbs down.
I'm biased, however, not only I've followed this project since 2013 but I also have been a developer consultant for two years now.
lysol

Post by lysol »

I see. Again, I've nothing against this project at all. In fact, and as I've already said, it looks very nice on the trailers. I was just discussing crowdfunding projects in general, but I'll shut up for now. :)

Personally, I would call skyrim an "action game with role playing elements", not a hack and slash. There's just too few enemies to slaughter in skyrim to be a hack and slash IMO.
DarkAnsem

Post by DarkAnsem »

Someone interested in backing?
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

I really like the look of the game, reminds me a lot of the Dungeon Siege series. Would love another game like that, still play both DS: LoA and DS2 with friends every now and then.
I don't have any money to give to a project though, regardless of how good it seems.
DarkAnsem

Post by DarkAnsem »

oh, I can definitely relate!
DarkAnsem

Post by DarkAnsem »