XL Engine site is down for me

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
raevol

Re: XL Engine site is down for me

Post by raevol »

BrotherBrick wrote:There really isn't one at the moment.
:(
ezze

Post by ezze »

psi29a wrote:
sirherrbatka wrote:i can't help but to think that he should learn how to do open source and colaborate with others. Kinda like we do.
We've talked about this at length, and it basically comes down to him wanting to do it all on his own. Lucius did say however that once he felt that it was ready, he would open-source what he could. Some of the libs are closed source but redistribution friendly.
Well... the argument of wanting to do it all on his own is moot. Being open source does not mean being "pull friendly," you can simply state: "the code is free, but I do not accept patches. If you want to develop with it you have to fork."
raevol

Post by raevol »

ezze wrote:you can simply state: "the code is free, but I do not accept patches. If you want to develop with it you have to fork."
At this point he probably wants to save himself the embarrassment of someone forking it and finishing it before he does. Apologies, Lucius.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

He can do it all on his own if he wants to. It's no big deal, it's his personal hobby after all.
ezze

Post by ezze »

raevol wrote:
ezze wrote:you can simply state: "the code is free, but I do not accept patches. If you want to develop with it you have to fork."
At this point he probably wants to save himself the embarrassment of someone forking it and finishing it before he does. Apologies, Lucius.
Good point :)
Klasodeth

Post by Klasodeth »

CloudFlare has been disabled, so the site should load properly now for anyone who has previously been affected. I was able to access the site from two different computers and my phone without having to use a proxy. It's ironic that the presence of CloudFlare caused more site access issues than it ever resolved.