Morrowind Acoustic Overhaul

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
PeterBitt

Morrowind Acoustic Overhaul

Post by PeterBitt »

Logitech and I made a sound and music mod for Morrowind, its available for download now: http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/43092/?

release video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcAydwNcy6A
gameplay video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5IJGollfxg

We look forward for making a OpenMW version :D
Okulo

Re: Morrowind Acoustic Overhaul

Post by Okulo »

I love the outside noises. They don't change the feel of the area; they truly enhance it.

The thunder/rain effects may be a bit too loud for interiors, but quality-wise pretty damn good.

I don't get particularly excited about the combat sounds. But I guess they are a nice addition. The music however... I wouldn't use music from Oblivion in this mod. Perhaps you could contact Leon van der Stadt. He has a tons of great tracks that fit with the feel of Morrowind.

Overall, should be a pretty good pack to add.
ViroGlacia

Post by ViroGlacia »

Very Nice :D ! I hope to see a version for OpenMW when possible. It will be nice to have a sound mod to match the new engine and the graphics that will likely follow it.

I rather like the idea of having the PC have it's own voice in combat, though I would like to see ways of customizing this later on to maybe suite certain personality types :D.

I particularly like the ash storm sounds which are far less obnoxious than the vanilla versions. I've noticed that this is true of almost all features in this module.

Good job! :mrgreen:
raevol

Post by raevol »

Very nice job!!
PeterBitt

Post by PeterBitt »

ViroGlacia wrote:I particularly like the ash storm sounds which are far less obnoxious than the vanilla versions. I've noticed that this is true of almost all features in this module.
Sounds like you tried it ingame? How was it going? Does everything sounds like in the videos?
Hope it does :)

And thanks guys!
Logitech

Post by Logitech »

We forgot to mention in the main readme file that in order to disable original music system (hardcoded in exe) you not only need that MCP feature, but also should delete all music files from original "Music/Explore" and "Music/Battle" folders (or even better delete these folders all together). Sorry for those who encountered problems (skipping music) due to this omission.
Very Nice :D ! I hope to see a version for OpenMW when possible. It will be nice to have a sound mod to match the new engine and the graphics that will likely follow it.
OpenMW will not support MWSE or MWSE specific instructions, so we wait for scripting language enhancements (post 1.0) that would allow us to fully port this mod.
Last edited by Logitech on 15 Apr 2014, 01:59, edited 1 time in total.
Jyby

Post by Jyby »

Interior sounds are a very subtle but amazing touch! I love what you've done.
ezze

Post by ezze »

Logitech wrote:OpenMW will not support MWSE or MWSE specific instructions, so we wait for scripting language enhancements (post 1.0) that would allow us to fully port this mod.
What extra scripting features do you need?
Logitech

Post by Logitech »

something that would allow us to attach scripts to actors. In MWSE xFirstNPC returns actor reference in the players cell and xNextRef function is used to find the rest. Returning the players target reference would also be handy.
silentthief

Post by silentthief »

Logitech wrote:something that would allow us to attach scripts to actors. In MWSE xFirstNPC returns actor reference in the players cell and xNextRef function is used to find the rest. Returning the players target reference would also be handy.
Right, the ability to use reference variables to target scripts. Example: target startcombat=>player. This can be done using MWSE, but in morrowind you cannot have a reference variable. Likewise, being able to reference a variable for items/containers/NPCs/etc. Zini already knows the expansions that MWSE did to the scripting language, and its up to the devs to figure out what (if any) expansions are done. If there is a replacement of any of the MWSE functions, then a simple text editor find n replace function would in theory make funtions using those scripts run in openmw

ST